Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA from 11 yrs 11 mo to 11 yrs 8 mo reduced all EX2 scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA from 11 yrs 11 mo to 11 yrs 8 mo reduced all EX2 scores

@Trudy How do you come up with so many unexplainable things? You have a penchant for that, LOL! I swear your file has had some of the hardest to figure out anomalies I’ve seen!
Message 11 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@TrudyHow do you come up with so many unexplainable things? You have a penchant for that, LOL! I swear your file has had some of the hardest to figure out anomalies I’ve seen!

I know!  I was waiting for you to jump in Smiley Happy.  Maybe I'm the only one that shares with a like profile.?.  I know there are plenty of people with similar agings and possibly profiles as a whole.  Not that there aren't any but I don't recall seeing much posted regarding DP from them. Either thin, extra thick, young or the "new old" -  8 yrs or so Smiley LOL 

I've opened 4 accounts within the last 3+ years (2016 - auto, 2018 re-fi and CC, 2019 retail card).   My next youngest is 2008. Nope, forgot about 2014 used auto loan paid off in 12 months.

Maybe I should keep my profile changes to myself....Smiley Indifferent

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrudyNo, I love a good challenge, but you sure come up with some really good ones! 😂

When did you open the retail card in 2019? And I assume you have a balance on something other than a retail card right?

Message 13 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrudyNo, I love a good challenge, but you sure come up with some really good ones! 😂

When did you open the retail card in 2019? And I assume you have a balance on something other than a retail card right?

Opened 9/1/19, you know for the bedSmiley Wink  Slowly paying that down since it's 6 yrs 0%.  Currently at 19% UTL. Will probably pay it off before the end of the year. A CC at 5.98% UTL from a 0% BT set to expire in September.  Will be paid in June.  I did use my LOC in March and closed March with 16% on LOC which reported but that's paid off now. And of course, Auto at 9% UTL and home at 83% UTL.  All reported before the end of March with the exception of that retail (reported 4/3), home (reported 4/8) and auto not reported yet.  The change in my EX2 scores happened 4/7. 

BTW, did you get one yet?  

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I remember that. Yeah I’d take my time and use that for what it’s worth, 0% that’s why you got it. No unfortunately I’m still on the memory one that I bought just before we had our discussion. And I don’t think it’s getting any better, so I need to start thinking about that and deciding what I’m going to do in the near future, actually. I’m real grateful for your input and I hope yours is still treating you well!

You’ve got me baffled on this one, I’m thinking of all kinds of stuff, running a few calculations. Hey, was there a balance on the LOC when this drop occurred? Or had it already reported zero? And you updated your signature right? You still have two closed retail cards so before there was three?
Message 15 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I remember that. Yeah I’d take my time and use that for what it’s worth, 0% that’s why you got it. No unfortunately I’m still on the memory one that I bought just before we had our discussion. And I don’t think it’s getting any better, so I need to start thinking about that and deciding what I’m going to do in the near future, actually. I’m real grateful for your input and I hope yours is still treating you well!  Beautifully so far. I have heard good feedback regarding the much cheaper Purplle.

You’ve got me baffled on this one, I’m thinking of all kinds of stuff, running a few calculations. Hey, was there a balance on the LOC when this drop occurred? Or had it already reported zero? And you updated your signature right? You still have two closed retail cards so before there was three?

I haven't completely update my sig other than adding the note about EX AAoA changing.  Once my auto and home reports on all bureaus I will pull my 3b and update.  Likely tomorrow. 

So far the daily access to V3 TU updates shows that dropped acct on EX is still there with TU.  If so I will probably need to change my sig as a whole with 3 different AAoA.  EQ always had and old acct still reporting adding 1m to my AAoA.  But the other 2 were identical and I used that info.  If TU doesn't drop the acct by tomorrow I may have 3 different AAoA based on closed accts, but only a month or so off.  Which may create future DP' issues with AAoA since all 3 may be different and it seems each bureau may have different thresholds.

The LOC revolver reporting this past cycle did up my revolvers reporting from 2 to 3 but it reported on 3/26 with that balance.  No change in any EX scores.  I was suprised, especially wth my Mtg.  And I had a slight pt increase on EX (+2) and TU  (+1) when my BT revolver (dropped from 8.98% UTL in Feb to 5.98% in March) reported around the 29th. So it doesn't seem that the extra revolver reporting eaerlier hurt me as it came 1st actually for accts with balances, not even on my MTG which had always dropped a few pts when I went from 2 to 3 revolvers reporting.  I previously referred to 4 total accts reporting (2 always being auto and home) as my sweet spot but this time with 5 total reporting no drop in MTG.  Something changed but not clear enough so I didn't consider that a DP although I noted the change from past experience in another post.  Out of nowhere on the 7th which has no significance (no accts updating) my EX2's dropped and the only change was that old retail fell off.  

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy I’m glad that you mentioned that about the purple because I’ve definitely been wondering and considering it. Thank you!

So does your EX have two closed retail cards still or that would now be down to one?

The reason I’m asking is, I don’t know if anyone has ever tested it or if there’s any common knowledge on this, but what if the metric of number of accounts/revolvers with a balance included closed accounts and because that account dropped it increased your percentage? How many points do you normally lose when you go up the one revolver with a balance on EX2? (I have no evidence for this proposition, I’m just grasping at straws.)

Also, were there any changes in the negative reason codes on EX2 between those two days?
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trudy BTW, You said it had been a while since you used that LOC. How long had it been? Over a year? Over six months?

The reason I ask is there are theories that once a revolver is not used for a period of time, it’s no longer considered active for purposes of some metrics. If so, you could have awakened it out of dormancy, and that might be why your sweet spot changed. Again just grasping at straws.
Message 18 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@TrudyI’m glad that you mentioned that about the purple because I’ve definitely been wondering and considering it. Thank you!

So does your EX have two closed retail cards still or that would now be down to one? EX now has 1 closed retail.

The reason I’m asking is, I don’t know if anyone has ever tested it or if there’s any common knowledge on this, but what if the metric of number of accounts/revolvers with a balance included closed accounts and because that account dropped it increased your percentage? How many points do you normally lose when you go up the one revolver with a balance on EX2? (I have no evidence for this proposition, I’m just grasping at straws.) Hmmm. Interesting.  Sounds plausible.  I lose the exact same points on MTG.  Just not the other EX2's.

Also, were there any changes in the negative reason codes on EX2 between those two days?

805 on 4/6 no factors listed.  799 after drop in AAoA on 4/7. 

04 06.png04 07.png

@Anonymous wrote:

Trudy BTW, You said it had been a while since you used that LOC. How long had it been? Over a year? Over six months? Nope to both.

The reason I ask is there are theories that once a revolver is not used for a period of time, it’s no longer considered active for purposes of some metrics. If so, you could have awakened it out of dormancy, and that might be why your sweet spot changed. Again just grasping at straws.

Just a reminder all revolvers except one reported by 3/29 I think.  Wrong, USB reported on 4/4 along with the always last which reported on 4/4 this month.  Revolver cycle completed.

Even with the extra account which reported by 3/26, no change.  For a few days while I was a tad bit over prior months  at 4.94% no change. It was below prior months AGG by 3/29.  No change even before the last 2 reported I was already less AGG than last month noted above.  

So unless there's more than a 48 hr delay with EX, the 7th had no significance with my accounts since revolvers were finalized on 4/4.  Then on 4/7, old close retail revolver was removed. Cha Change in all EX2 scores.

I know, I know....Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe it or not I have been experiencing significant delays with EX recently, lol.

Where does the “many new accounts” come from? You haven’t opened anything since last year right and then just the one right?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.