cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGGHHH So many scores! Which is right????

tag
cherrypie854

ARGGHHH So many scores! Which is right????

Smiley MadSmiley Mad

If this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Thank you.

Ok, so I keep changing my sig because I keep getting a different credit score from all these websites... Now if they were all similar, then I wouldn't mind, but there are differences of over 100 points???

So I first went to Credit Sesame and was told I was a 640 (same as before I filed BK). But this was from Experian. So I looked for more sites to see the other bureaus' scores. Credit Karma told me I was a 651 from TU. Ok, that's similar. Quizzle told me I was a 711! okkkkkkkkkkk. I didn't believe that, don't even know where they are getting that.

I really wanted to see Equifax, but they kept saying they could not verify info and that I needed to mail in for my report/score. I saw, they were offering Score Watch at a promo rate, so I registered (I guess it only works when you pay???) and I got my 3-in-1! They  tell me I'm a 589 in EQ, and 567 in EX, and a 560 in TU!!!!! Why so low on there? But this is still considered Fair too.

Finally, I needed to see one more to make sure I'm not going insane. I sign up for MyFico.com. They tell me I'm at 692! Ok, I have just about had it. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Which score is accurate, or does it matter that they are all considered Fair using that company's criteria?

In My Wallet: Bill Me Later - 1670 / Care Credit 1500 / Barclaycard 1300 / Pep Boys - 600 / Cap1 Secured - 600 / Fingerhut - 400 / Ashley Stewart - 250 / Avenue - 250 / Express 250 / Onestopplus - 250
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: ARGGHHH So many scores! Which is right????

@cherrypie854 wrote:

Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Ok, so I keep changing my sig because I keep getting a different credit score from all these websites... Now if they were all similar, then I wouldn't mind, but there are differences of over 100 points???

So i first went to Credit Sesame and was told I was a 640 (same as before I filed BK). But this was from Experian. So I loked for more sites to see the other bureaus' scores. Credit Karma told me I was a 651 from TU. Ok, thats similar. Quizzle told me I was a 711! okkkkkkkkkkk. I didn't believe that, don't even know where they are getting that.

I really wanted to see Equifax, but they kept saying they could not verify info and that I needed to mail in for my report/score. I saw, they were offering Score Watch at a promo rate, so I registered (I guess it only works when you pay???) and I got my 3-in-1! They  tell me I'm a 589 in EQ, and 567 in EX, and a 560 in TU!!!!! Why so low on there? But this is still considered Fair too.

Finally, I needed to see one more to make sure I'm not going insane. I sign up for MyFico.com. They tell me I'm at 692! Ok, I have just about had it. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Which score is accurate, or does it matter that they are all considered Fair using that company's criteria?

The only scores you should be worried about are FICOs...everything else (FAKOs) are just for entertainment.  The industry knows most consumers don't know the difference.  You are in the right place now to learn.  

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 14
cherrypie854

Thank u for replying. Are you saying the score on MyFICO in particular is the only one that matters? Or the ones from the actual Credit Bureau Websites?

In My Wallet: Bill Me Later - 1670 / Care Credit 1500 / Barclaycard 1300 / Pep Boys - 600 / Cap1 Secured - 600 / Fingerhut - 400 / Ashley Stewart - 250 / Avenue - 250 / Express 250 / Onestopplus - 250
Message 3 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@cherrypie854 wrote:

Thank u for replying. Are you saying the score on MyFICO in particular is the only one that matters? Or the ones from the actual Credit Bureau Websites?

Not exactly.  The only score that matters is your fico score but even then some of them dont matter. There are 49 fico scores. You can get your true free fico score from other places but myfico is the main place to get the score. The two best you can get are myfico score watch which is your eq 04 score (14.95 a month)  or try to apply for a walmart or barclaycard to get your free fico score every month from them which is a tu 08 score. (Dont get the tu on here its tu 98 and no lender uses it.) Some people do both I personally got the barclaycard for mainly the free fico it saves me 15 bucks a month and I use credit karma and sesame to look at my reports but never pay any attetion for the scores. I wish quizzle was free every month i think they have the best setup to look at your report. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 14
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@cherrypie854 wrote:

MyFICO is the only one that matters.  The other scores COULD be their internal scores aka VantageScore which is relatively new and not accepted by most creditors as FICO dominates the credit industry.

Read here for more info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 5 of 14
Longroad
Established Contributor

Ok........so use the scores off of myFICO for EQ and EX, then the scores off of Wally and Barclay are good for TU? Those are the "official" scores?

Message 6 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

Ok........so use the scores off of myFICO for EQ and EX, then the scores off of Wally and Barclay are good for TU? Those are the "official" scores?

yes they are tu 08 which is becoming used more and more now. The tu sold on here is tu is 98 which almost no lender uses anymore. The ex score on here is ex 08 which is good for getting an amex cause I know they use that and their own internal score as well. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@cherrypie854 wrote:

MyFICO is the only one that matters.  The other scores COULD be their internal scores aka VantageScore which is relatively new and not accepted by most creditors as FICO dominates the credit industry.

Read here for more info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Too strong!   On some of the credit bureaus, they DO offer a FICO score, you have to search as they promote their scores (Vantage primarily) in the higher links.   The advantage of getting the score + report from the bureau is that you can see soft pulls too.

Message 8 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@cherrypie854 wrote:

Too strong!   On some of the credit bureaus, they DO offer a FICO score, you have to search as they promote their scores (Vantage primarily) in the higher links.   The advantage of getting the score + report from the bureau is that you can see soft pulls too.

Yes, you can pull an EQ score from Equifax if you can find it, I'm not certain about TU but EX is a no-fly zone unfortunately unless that's changed very recently.

I do agree the report data is simply better from the bureaus especially on the annual freebie reports.  I'm not a huge fan of the sanitation that MyFICO and other third parties do to the report data; granted, it doesn't matter for most customers but it's of interest and use to me: SP's being pretty high on that list.

Regarding VantageScore: that's not an internal score; it is developed by the CRA's to compete directly against FICO.  Some lenders (Chase) do actually use it today and I've heard rumor are making some of their UW decisions of it primarily.  Out of the non-FICO scores, it is the best measurement on the market from a consumer perspective; however, FICO is still the 800 pound gorilla in the marketplace, utterly dominant.

        
Message 9 of 14
cherrypie854

Thank you so much. I did read through that thread. I had never left the credit card forum, lol. But that is great information. So I spent part of this afternoon reading all the different threads about the Barclay card. I used the preapproval link and got the congrats message. Was nervous I would still get the denial. But I bit the bullet, and I was approved for 1300!!!! I was literally doing the running-man in front of my boyfriend. I was nervous because I have 23 inquiries on my TU, 10 of which will fall off by the end of next month (bought a car two years ago, and they cycled my credit through multiple banks, smh.) Now I am gardening officially. So I am subscribing to myFICO for 9.95/mo and I'll get TU from Barclay!!! Woo Hoo!!!! This website is awesome!!!!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.