cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU's overall utili 75% to 25%= NO CHANGE?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

AU's overall utili 75% to 25%= NO CHANGE?

So I made my S.O. an AU on my 5 yrd old CapOne card with $10k.  That dropped her overall utilization from around 75% to 25%.  But she did not get a score change on myFico.

CK, CapOne Score tracker....gave her a 25 pt bump. 

The new account is on her 3B reports from Feb. 26.  

Any ideas on this one?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: AU's overall utili 75% to 25%= NO CHANGE?

@racer-x wrote:

So I made my S.O. an AU on my 5 yrd old CapOne card with $10k.  That dropped her overall utilization from around 75% to 25%.  But she did not get a score change on myFico.

Any ideas on this one?

According to FICO scoring, AU isn't weighed as heavily. It's not an individual account. FICO knows people are abusing AU's so I think they opt it all out.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 5
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

Any ideas on this one?

According to FICO scoring, AU isn't weighed as heavily. It's not an individual account. FICO knows people are abusing AU's so I think they opt it all out.

That would s uck.  That wasn't the case in this thread from a couple days ago... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Effects-on-adding-GF-as-AU/td-p/3837997

Message 3 of 5
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

Any ideas on this one?

That would s uck.  That wasn't the case in this thread from a couple days ago... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Effects-on-adding-GF-as-AU/td-p/3837997

That's FAKO score or he's trolling, 30 point increase by just adding someone as AU, gimme a break, if that was the case everyone would do it and FICO score wouldn't mean **bleep** anymore.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 4 of 5
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Nice catch.  I didn't notice that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.