Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO Method and Mortgage Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO Method and Mortgage Credit Score

I just learned about the Azero method but wish I knew about it a couple weeks ago. I paid down my credits to reflect the following balances below. If I have a 1% utilization on my Capital One card below, will this affect the effects of the Azero method. My Barclay card is about to report a 0% so really I will have half my cards with a zero balance except 2. My aggregate utlization will be 4% vs 8% now once Barclay reports this week. Is there a chance that I will see a bump in score? My FICO 2 is currently at 658 and I need a 660 to qualify. 

Amex - balance $464/$5,000 9% utlization 

Capital One - balance $23/$3,000 1% utilization

Store Card- balance $0/$950 0% utilization 

Barclay Card - $481/$3,150 15% utilization (will update this week to 0%)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AZEO Method and Mortgage Credit Score

@Anonymous wrote:

I just learned about the Azero method but wish I knew about it a couple weeks ago. I paid down my credits to reflect the following balances below. If I have a 1% utilization on my Capital One card below, will this affect the effects of the Azero method. My Barclay card is about to report a 0% so really I will have half my cards with a zero balance except 2. My aggregate utlization will be 4% vs 8% now once Barclay reports this week. Is there a chance that I will see a bump in score? My FICO 2 is currently at 658 and I need a 660 to qualify. 

Amex - balance $464/$5,000 9% utlization 

Capital One - balance $23/$3,000 1% utilization

Store Card- balance $0/$950 0% utilization 

Barclay Card - $481/$3,150 15% utilization (will update this week to 0%)

Yes there is a chance.

Of course if you got Amex paid to zero your chances would be better.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica Do you think there is a chance that I may still see the effect of the AZEO method if one of the cards have a 1% balance and not 0? So one 9%, one 1%, and two at 0%?

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica Do you think there is a chance that I may still see the effect of the AZEO method if one of the cards have a 1% balance and not 0? So one 9%, one 1%, and two at 0%?

AZEO means all zero except one.

All zero except two is good, too, but not as good.  Especially in your case, where there aren't a whole lot of cards. The difference between 25% and 50% might make all the difference in getting those points you need. So you should really try to get rid of that Amex balance if possible.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the one card with a balance, how much utilization should you keep?  Is there a magic number you want to reach,  like less than10%?

Message 5 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the one card with a balance, how much utilization should you keep?  Is there a magic number you want to reach,  like less than10%?

To me the magic number is 28% or less, but not less than $10.  It's possible that 8% would be better than 28%, but I don't know.

Message 6 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, if you need every possible FICO point and you haven't tested to definitively know how your profile reacts, go for the lowest AZEO balance you can. I'd suggest at least $5 but not much more.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.