Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO but at 28% uti

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO but at 28% uti

So I have 9 credit cards.  4 are maxed out and the rest are at $0. I plan on paying them all to $0 except one. I plan on leaving that one at a 28% UTI as I can't afford to pay if off below 9% right now. I am planning on going to get preaproved for a home once my balances update with the CRA's. My question is: is AZEO worth doing if I can only get my UTI on one card down to 28% or am I just better off letting 2 of the cards report at around 20% or less and not straining my finances to get them all down to $0? Any insight would be helpful.

5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AZEO but at 28% uti

Finances over FICO. You may want to delay your application.

When you're in a better position, you can do AZEO for your mortgage application.

Older scoring models such as EX 2, TU 4, EQ 5 react positively to AZEO.

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have 9 credit cards.  4 are maxed out and the rest are at $0. I plan on paying them all to $0 except one. I plan on leaving that one at a 28% UTI as I can't afford to pay if off below 9% right now. I am planning on going to get preaproved for a home once my balances update with the CRA's. My question is: is AZEO worth doing if I can only get my UTI on one card down to 28% or am I just better off letting 2 of the cards report at around 20% or less and not straining my finances to get them all down to $0? Any insight would be helpful.

Absolutely YES. BTW 28% on one card is FINE!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can wait one more month before getting your mortgage preapproval, do so and use that month to try and pay your 28% balance down below 8.9%. If not, your mortgage scores will benefit more from one card at 28% than two at 20%, as SJ is indicating just above. Depending on where your scores end up though you may not need to if your middle mortgage score ends up in the best tier after these updates go through.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely the one card under 29%, assuming aggregate is under 9%.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if you don’t have the money to cover that you better think about all the cost that come with new homeownership.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.