Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO card 28% --> 8% = 2-5 points.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO card 28% --> 8% = 2-5 points.

I took my AZEO card from 28% utilization (27.x%) to 8% utilization (7.x%) while keeping aggregate utilization ideal (2% to 1% drop) and saw slight gains.  EX +5 points, EQ +2 points.  TU is already at 850, so no way to know how much additional "buffer" was added.

I know on many profiles taking an AZEO card across the 8.9% threshold doesn't result in any score gain, so I wanted to provide an example of it mattering a little anyway.  I know there are also profiles where crossing the 28.9% threshold on an AZEO card doesn't impact score, but for me it also did at that point. 

This is sort of a follow-up thread to one I started last month, which can be found here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AZEO-at-lt-8-9-vs-lt-28-9/td-p/5226088/h...

2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AZEO card 28% --> 8% = 2-5 points.

@Anonymous wrote:

I took my AZEO card from 28% utilization (27.x%) to 8% utilization (7.x%) while keeping aggregate utilization ideal (2% to 1% drop) and saw slight gains.  EX +5 points, EQ +2 points.  TU is already at 850, so no way to know how much additional "buffer" was added.

I know on many profiles taking an AZEO card across the 8.9% threshold doesn't result in any score gain, so I wanted to provide an example of it mattering a little anyway.  I know there are also profiles where crossing the 28.9% threshold on an AZEO card doesn't impact score, but for me it also did at that point. 

This is sort of a follow-up thread to one I started last month, which can be found here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AZEO-at-lt-8-9-vs-lt-28-9/td-p/5226088/highlight/false

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the primary purpose of AZEO is not to maximize FICO 8 scores but to provide comfort that we are not hurting ourself across the entire scoring model spectrum. I.e., it's just an insurance policy that we're not losing points somewhere.

It's easy for us to get wrapped up in FICO 8 because that's the only one to which we have easy access. But the other FICO scores often behave quite differently. On every full report I get, there is a gap of around 130 points between my highest and lowest FICO scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AZEO card 28% --> 8% = 2-5 points.

They're just data points for the most common scoring model out there, SJ.  Nothing more and no one is losing sight of anything.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.