Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO method credit card vs charge account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO method credit card vs charge account

When doing the AZEO method, does this apply to only credit cards? i have a mil star and a commenity bank card, on my reports they are listed as charge accounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AZEO method credit card vs charge account

@Anonymous wrote:

When doing the AZEO method, does this apply to only credit cards? i have a mil star and a commenity bank card, on my reports they are listed as charge accounts.

Technically, Comenity cards are not charge accounts because they have credit limits. They are revolving accounts like regular credit cards; they just cannot be used anywhere. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CW is almost certain to be right.

But the best way to know for sure is to test it.  Do you have a card which you know for sure is a credit card?  If so, have the true CC and the "charge" card each report a small balance with all other cards at zero.  Then get your scores.  Then pay off the true CC leaving only the "charge" card with the balance.  If your score takes a 15-20 point drop, you'll know that FICO is truly considering the card to be a charge card.

Although we are pretty sure we know in advance what the result of that test will be, it's always nice to see the accepted wisdom reconfirmed -- so if you do that test let us know!

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Comenity store card which for some reason they code as a "charge" account rather than a credit card, and it reported and was scored just like any other credit card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Comenity store card which for some reason they code as a "charge" account rather than a credit card, and it reported and was scored just like any other credit card.

Perhaps because it was a revolving account. But I should mention that Comenity does issue co-brand bankcards as well. Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.