Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO vs AZET?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AZEO vs AZET?

Aha, I guess I need to make a 53 cent payment. This is tricky stuff. Two gotcha's I can call out

1. When paying pending transactions off in advance, remember if there's a tip on there, it might increase!

2. Bank of America autopay is very primitive and won't co-operate well with your attempts to pay in advance

I am on track to have all my cards report zero except my Premium Rewards, which should report about a $200 balance out of a $30k limit. 

Only two gotchas here. First, my Cash Rewards card is currently going to post a 53 cent statement if I don't do anything about that. I had paid it down, including pending transactions, to make it zero. But one of the pending transactions, for a coffee, posted 53 cents higher because the pending amount didn't include the tip.  So now  I need to make a 53 cent payment. Really?! Is this going to matter?! You guys are saying yes, so... I will make the 53 cent payment.

Another gotcha specific to Bank of America. Normally I use autopay to pay statement balance in full every month. It makes me feel secure to know I don't have to remember to do it. And I still have that set up, so I disovered that Bank of America's autopay DOES NOT notice if you have made extra payments during the cycle--it still goes and pays the previous cycle statement balance in full, even if the balance on the card is currently zero. So it paid my Travel Rewards card down to -$350, which was the amount of the statement on that card. Fortunately that's a card I don't use much and so the extra $350 payment didn't cause me any headache--but imagine it happened on a card with a much larger balance, the unexpected additional autopay could send you into overdraft or something.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some data:

AZE2 vs AZE3 - there's no difference in score between these two situations. My CITI card just reported an $80 balance vs $27k limit and my score didn't even move one point. That was the only change in my report--an extra $80 reporting on one additional card, bringing the total accounts with a balance from 2 to 3. I checked the day before it reported, and then again today. I had forgotten about that card and didn't intend that $80 to report Smiley Sad 

So that's going to make it tough for me to do AZE1 this month, I'll wind up being AZE2 again once everything reports but it's some data to share that, so long as utilization remains trivial, AZE2 vs AZE3 doesn't matter.

Specifically with overall utilization under 1% and highest utilization on any card at 4% and with 3/10 open accounts reporting a balance:

FICO Score 8 EX via CCT: 771->771

FICO Score 2 EX via CCT: 786->786

Message 22 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

For DP, I let two revolvers report and my EQ went down 5 points. No movement with EX and TU

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 23 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Always please include your number of open revolvers and open accounts if talking older scores too.

        
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.