Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About what is the variation between TU04 and TU98

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: About what is the variation between TU04 and TU98

Sorry, I would not have a good guess for that change. If I had to guess, it would be "about the same change". My experience is more with people who have established credit, had a temporary problem, and are now fixing their credit.

I was hoping you had paid off a bunch of revolving debt and could guess that your TU04 score would increase more than your TU98 had increased.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Message 11 of 13
lpayton
Regular Contributor

you have helped immensely, I thought the TU98/04 were used for all 3 CRA's....knowing the differing models used by each CRA has lifted a lot of fog so to speak lol, and has cleared so much confusion in my mind.  I just need to take a deep breath and know that I am on the right track.  Increases are good, and I am grateful for them regardless of how much.  I have already increased my scores SO much just in the last 8 weeks, so progress is being made atleast.  I just hate the thought of missing out on the current interest rate. (Under 4% in Oregon right now.)

Message 12 of 13
dharalex
Established Contributor

It may be a moot point. Many lenders take the middle score and drop the highest and lowest scores, so maybe you are already there! Good luck!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.