Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account change but no change to my Fico score

tag
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Account change but no change to my Fico score

I disputed a account on all my credit reports. It was an auto loan that said it was a charge off. (It wasnt) .. they updated the info to payed account as agreed. Why hasnt my fico score changed at all

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account change but no change to my Fico score

Obviously your after-score was when you got the alert saying the dispute is over, right?

When did you check the before-score? After the dispute was initiated (I'm assuming when you got alerted because the dispute was added)?

Message 2 of 4
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

I have SW currently. I disputed this issue through each of the credit bureaus  seperatly ( not from this site) . I got emails from them yesterday and the day before saying they had fixed the problem. and SW has not updated me. I also have a secured card ( my only TL ) that has finally reported to the credit bureaus and no updated in score for that either. Not even an alert about either of these things with scorewatch

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Look at your full report from EQ? Is any dispute comment still showing? If the dispute is over, they would have given you info on how to get your new report. Definitely check for that secured CC too.

I think there's an assumption made that your FICO would increase after the TL is updated. FICO will ignore the payment history once the dispute is initiated. So, if there was a score change upon the initial dispute, and if verified with ALL of the baddies removed, then there wouldn't be a FICO increase because there could have been one once the dispute was first initiated. And all of this is assuming they didn't delete which wouldn't result in any credit alert.

Not all baddies or CO references being removed will result in a FICO increase. For example, if there are other baddies, espcially more recent baddies, then the chances for an increase go down. Also look within the TL itself once you get it back from the CRA. Even if the CO comment is removed w/ the status being changed to paid as agreed, it can still report a late of 90 or worse and still scored as a major baddie, though the status change would result in a credit alert. Too many ifs. definitely look at the report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.