cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts with Balances: 2 ➟ 4 (of 4) = EX2 -17pts

CassieCard
Senior Contributor

Accounts with Balances: 2 ➟ 4 (of 4) = EX2 -17pts

myFICO automatically pulled my 3B for me on 1/11/2021 when I resubscribed after canceling.

I would have waited for my AMEX BCE to report at all 3 CRAs, since I paid it down to $270 less than what reported on 12/11/2020.

Aggregate balance would have been $1299 at 4%, but now it's $1,571 at 5% - and there is definitely a threshold at 5% on my scorecard. (Link showing it)

Even so, this differential does show what happens going from 2-of-4 to 4-of-4 with a balance.

25 of 28 scores lose points, and EX 9's go up +6 !?! Crazy. EQ Auto 9....wow -28.

I'm a couple weeks away from AoYA 1yr 0mo and no new accounts under 1yr0mo. Considering how much I lost when adding 2 more cards, that should be worth a good amount of points all over the place. Then more when EX goes to 0 scorable inquiries in mid-February.

The image below will match my signature until February.

cradis-011121.png

28 FICO Scores + FICO RESilience Index + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (58 People!)

I believe that nothing will ever top 80s music and 70s sci-fi. Even Gen Z's children know this.

72 REPLIES 72
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: Accounts with Balances: 2 ➟ 4 (of 4) = EX2 -17pts

Possible aggregate dollar threshold at $1500 to consider as well?

Message 2 of 73
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Possible aggregate dollar threshold at $1500 to consider as well?

I think so. $1499 would still be 5% (4.68 of $32,000) for me, so I can test that later.

28 FICO Scores + FICO RESilience Index + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (58 People!)

I believe that nothing will ever top 80s music and 70s sci-fi. Even Gen Z's children know this.

Message 3 of 73
Remedios

@CassieCard  When is your youngest reaching a year? 

Message 4 of 73
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@CassieCard  When is your youngest reaching a year? 

@Remedios: On February 1st.

Then EX scorable inquiries go to 0 on February 16th, and on March 1st I will be at AAoA 2yr 0mo. I'm hoping for a triple play in score gains over the next 6 weeks.

The gains are commensurate with the initial loss, which was significant for me when I got 2 more cards last February. People with much longer history won't see that, so their AoYA 1yr gain should be relatively small. They could probably add 4 cards and not lose as much as I did with 2.

Message 5 of 73
Remedios

Well, my youngest revolver reached a year, and I gained +3 on all CRAs.

In fact, I don't even think those three points are related to an account reaching a year, but instead reduced penalty for the seventh card reporting after youngest reached a year

I used to lose 8 points for it, now it seems to be 5 (tested with Chase card)

So....no gains. 

I'm very curious if it's because of proximity to scorecard reassignment, or if loan did reset age of youngest one (I won't find out till March 1st)

But yeah...might have been 3 points or 0 points. 

tenor (2).gif

Message 6 of 73
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I'm very curious if it's because of proximity to scorecard reassignment, or if loan did reset age of youngest one (I won't find out till March 1st)

We need more data points on loans and how they affect AoYA. @Birdman7 didn't see the reset, but people will inevitably say "well, that's just one profile". Your observation is going to be interesting.

Message 7 of 73
Remedios

I'm hoping it's the loan and not the proximity to scorecard reassignment.

If it's the loan, yay.

If it isn't...did I really shave for this 😐

Reason I mentioned proximity is if I gained 15 points or more, I would have exceeded where I was... Making reassignment completely pointless within months. 

Message 8 of 73
dunn2500
Frequent Contributor

what is optimum percentage you want for CC balance for score and what do you not want to go lower than?....... 5-9% is that what i am reading correctly?........i know about AZEO but i have only 1 at moment so......i went under 1% one month and got nailed for it

Message 9 of 73
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Well, my youngest revolver reached a year, and I gained +3 on all CRAs.

In fact, I don't even think those three points are related to an account reaching a year, but instead reduced penalty for the seventh card reporting after youngest reached a year

I used to lose 8 points for it, now it seems to be 5 (tested with Chase card)

So....no gains. 

But yeah...might have been 3 points or 0 points. 

tenor (2).gif

@Remedios that is insane. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 10 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.