Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts with balances: 2 to 1 (of 4)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts with balances: 2 to 1 (of 4)

This is the first time I've seen a 1 of 4 with a balance report, as I usually want 3 of 4 reporting a balance ≤ 9% util every month.

• I switched from 2 to 4 cards 9 months ago.
  • This is a temporary change as I switch which 2 cards report a balance.
  • I had a total balance of $1,423 on 2 of 4 cards last month: $189 Mastercard and $1,234 Visa (Both at 9% individual).
  • The Mastercard reported $0, which leaves Visa at $1,234 (9% ind.), with AMEX and Discover still at $0
  • Visa will switch to $0 tomorrow and I'll get an All Zero score drop.
  • Then Discover and AMEX will each report 4.00% exactly, the All Zero score drop will reverse, and I'll gain +3 month-over-month on EX 8 (742 to 745) due to crossing a 5% individual util threshold at EX on every card on my young file scorecard. (Doesn't happen with higher ages.)
  • Too many accounts with balances has disappeared from all scores. I was never able to get rid of this before with only 2 cards and 1 reporting a balance.
  • This raised my middle mortgage score to 742. EQ 5 is also at 742 but there are no scorable inquiries at EQ, with 2 scorable at EX. TU 4 is 744 with no scorable inquiries. I can get this even higher on EX 2 with under $100 reporting on only 1 card.

Still getting the error on EX 2's with 'Not using revolving credit' when it's my Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Signature card reporting $1,234.

(See here my first report of this error last month.)

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

EX

+8

+11

+10

+7

+6

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

2yr 11mo

1yr 8mo

9mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

1yr 11mo

1yr 4mo

9mo

Aggregate %

Aggregate $

TOTAL LIMIT

4% (3.86)

$1,234

$32,000

Accounts with Balances - 2 to 1 - Young credit profile

I have never let any of my cards report above 9% on either individual or aggregate in my entire 1yr 11mo revolving credit history.

9% to 0% change on 1 card, leaving one at 9% with the other 2 cards $0. 1 of 4 with a balance on this report.

Note: Aggregate balance decrease of $189 from last month: $1,423 to $1,234. This never caused a score increase before, even with $1688 to $1109.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accounts with balances: 2 to 1 (of 4)

Nice gain on mortgage score!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This EQ 8 score change alert might be due entirely to the 2 to 1 (of 4) accounts with balances change.

Of course, some of it could be due to aging on the 1st.

I might be able to rule that out when I switch from All Zero to Discover at $160, then AMEX at $520.

I would see -6 if this is all due to accounts with balances.

eq_8-possible_2_to_1_change-110520.png

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This EQ 8 score change alert might be due entirely to the 2 to 1 (of 4) accounts with balances change.

Of course, some of it could be due to aging on the 1st.

I might be able to rule that out when I switch from All Zero to Discover at $160, then AMEX at $520.

I would see -6 if this is all due to accounts with balances.

eq_8-possible_2_to_1_change-110520.png

This EQ 8 +6 score was caused by the 2 to 1 (of 4) accounts with balance change.

It went back to 760 as soon as AMEX reported (2of4)  - same score as the previous month with 2 of 4 cards reporting a balance.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was confident that’s what it was, I’m glad you confirmed.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You also have 3 of 4 and 4 of 4, so now you can post data showing the score change all the way from 1 to 4 right?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousYou also have 3 of 4 and 4 of 4, so now you can post data showing the score change all the way from 1 to 4 right?

Yes, but not on all 28 scores.

I was using Experian daily and myFICO alerts for the 2 to 1 to 0 changes. I'd rather have full 3Bs for each of those changes.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 3Bs would be nice, but at least you were able to get the EX8 and EX2! Has the stupid code went away yet?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes 3Bs would be nice, but at least you were able to get the EX8 and EX2! Has the stupid code went away yet?

Yes, it did. First time I've been able to get rid of it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.