cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

851
New Contributor

Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

Woohoo.  I can't claim to be a guru, or the most knowledgable about how credit scoring works.  Just had to celebrate with some people who would appreciate the milestone. 

 

perfect_game.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hut1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3


@851 wrote:

Woohoo.  I can't claim to be a guru, or the most knowledgable about how credit scoring works.  Just had to celebrate with some people who would appreciate the milestone. 

 

perfect_game.jpg


Ooooooooo!!! MAJOR congrats to you!! I kinda thought these scores were a myth. 😂







Message 2 of 10
NoHardLimits
Regular Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

Congrats!  I remember the first time I achieved the 850x3.  I did a screen capture and used the image as the wallpaper on my home PC for months until I applied for a new credit card and dropped below 850 again.

February 2021 Snapshot -

FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries:
New Accounts: 2/24, 1/12, 1/6
AAoA: 10 years
AoOA=AoORA: 33 years
AoYA=AoYRA: less than 1 year



Total Credit Card Limits: $375k (includes $42k AU and $32k business)
Utilization: less than 1%

Installment Loans: none open
(all mortgages, auto loans, and student loans FINALLY paid off, though 5 closed tradelines are still reporting)
Message 3 of 10
Fico82
Regular Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

Thats awesome 🤘 

 

Curious what your profile looks like.. from what i heard is a mixture of home loan / auto loan to be almost paid off with accounts in the 10+ year average ? 

 

Congrats either way ! 












Message 4 of 10
AllZero
Super Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

Congratulations on your perfect score! That is quite the achievement. Very nicely done.

Message 5 of 10
851
New Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3


@Fico82 wrote:

Thats awesome 🤘 

 

Curious what your profile looks like.. from what i heard is a mixture of home loan / auto loan to be almost paid off with accounts in the 10+ year average ? 

 

Congrats either way ! 


sure, hope this helps someone.

 

I am currently using 2 different cards for all personal purchases. I always pay 99-100% of the balance, mostly 100%,  but I don't follow a strict schedule.  Often its 2-3 payments per cycle, sometimes simply on time, but never late of course.

 

Utilization: 4%

Accounts with Balances: 4

AAoA: > 10 years

AoOA: > 20 years

Age of most recently opened account: 1 year (this is my only "light green / very good" on the FICO Score Breakdown wheel)

Recent Inquiries: 0/0/1

Revolving Accounts: 9

Installment Loans, Including Mortgages: 5

Credit Card Accounts: 8

Message 6 of 10
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3


@851 wrote:

Woohoo.  I can't claim to be a guru, or the most knowledgable about how credit scoring works.  Just had to celebrate with some people who would appreciate the milestone. perfect_game.jpg


@851, That is SMOKIN Congratulations! CowboyGunSlinger.gif

popcorn eating emoticon.gif
Message 7 of 10
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3


@851 wrote:

Age of most recently opened account: 1 year (this is my only "light green / very good" on the FICO Score Breakdown wheel)

 


When you say 1 year, can you give the specific date that it was opened?  My guess is that you opened it in November of 2019 and that on November 1 this month your AoYA went from 11 --> 12 months.  Is that correct?  If so, what were your scores last month prior to the increase on Nov 1?  Typically that AoYA increase can be good for 15-20 points on Fico 8 scores.  If your scores were 830-835+ there's a chance you've got some buffer built in to that 850 score. 

 

Another question, before you opened that youngest account last year, had it been > 1 year since you opened your last youngest account?  If so, do you recall what your Fico 8 scores were at the time just prior to opening your current youngest account? 

Message 8 of 10
851
New Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@851 wrote:

Age of most recently opened account: 1 year (this is my only "light green / very good" on the FICO Score Breakdown wheel)

 


When you say 1 year, can you give the specific date that it was opened?  My guess is that you opened it in November of 2019 and that on November 1 this month your AoYA went from 11 --> 12 months.  Is that correct?  If so, what were your scores last month prior to the increase on Nov 1?  Typically that AoYA increase can be good for 15-20 points on Fico 8 scores.  If your scores were 830-835+ there's a chance you've got some buffer built in to that 850 score. 

 

Another question, before you opened that youngest account last year, had it been > 1 year since you opened your last youngest account?  If so, do you recall what your Fico 8 scores were at the time just prior to opening your current youngest account? 


Actually, I opened a HELOC and 2 credit cards last summer (the two cards I'm currently using).  I hit 850 on one about 3 months after the new credit, and 850 on two around the 9 month periord?  And I've been hovering around 840s, give or take 10 points for the last year. 

 

Prior to last summer I think I was hovering around 815-825 for many years.  Getting the 850's was one of my main goals when I opened the new credit.  Appears to have worked. Smiley Very Happy

 

 

Message 9 of 10
Curious_George2
Established Contributor

Re: Achievement Unlocked - The Perfect 850 x 3

Congratulations! That's really impressive. It's a shame there aren't more places where it's socially acceptable to trumpet this accomplishment, but here you are among friends.

 

Seems like there should be an icon to add to one's signature to commemorate this accomplishment. Something with "3x850" or "2550 Club" perhaps. Any graphic designers want to craft one?


Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.