Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added an AU to my Navy Flagship and my EQ dropped 19 points

tag
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Added an AU to my Navy Flagship and my EQ dropped 19 points

I recently added my daughter as an AU to my NFCU Flagship and my Equifax score experienced a 19 point drop!

My utilization remained the same (1%), no new accounts or inquiries, continued to PIF, no derogs, no change in CL, no nothing!

My scores have not fluctuated more than a point or three for 6 months or so until now. My TU experienced a 5 point drop while my EX remained constant. 

I am referring to my EQ Fico 9. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

No thresholds have changed, wondering if this is unique to EQ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Added an AU to my Navy Flagship and my EQ dropped 19 points

@800wannabe420 wrote:

I recently added my daughter as an AU to my NFCU Flagship and my Equifax score experienced a 19 point drop!

My utilization remained the same (1%), no new accounts or inquiries, continued to PIF, no derogs, no change in CL, no nothing!

My scores have not fluctuated more than a point or three for 6 months or so until now. My TU experienced a 5 point drop while my EX remained constant. 

I am referring to my EQ Fico 9. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

No thresholds have changed, wondering if this is unique to EQ?

It has to be something else, I have never heard of adding an AU to your account dropping your score and that doesn't even appear on your credit reports?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Jnbmom 

IKR?  I have poured over my CR and I cannot see anything. I also find it strange that only my EQ was so dramatically effected while my EX remained the same. 

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. 

Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Jnbmom 

IKR?  I have poured over my CR and I cannot see anything. I also find it strange that only my EQ was so dramatically effected while my EX remained the same. 

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. 

@800wannabe420  I know it drives you crazy when nothing changes but your darn score, very frustrating Smiley Frustrated

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

What CMS Credit Monitoring Service are you using? You referenced EQ9. Is that based off Navy's monthly score? IIRC, Navy pulls your reports 4th Tuesday of the previous month and provide you the score the following beginning of the month so it may not be real time.

Message 5 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@AllZero 

The NFCU credit score is what alerted me to the change, but I had added my daughter prior to the 4th Tuesday update.

I used the EQ report provided from the covid-19 weekly update

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

My daughter's CR is somewhat, uh hem "challenged" , but I can't believe that would be reflected in my own. 

I suppose I'll wait til next month and see if it recovers. No use pulling my hair out over it. I can't afford that for sure...

Message 6 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@800wannabe420  I had a EQ9 score reduction too. I could not figure it out either. EQ9 down 12 points. EQ8 is stable.

Message 7 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@AllZero 

Maybe a change in EQ's process then?

We're living in the new norm, maybe this is the new score?

I'm not seeking any new credit currently so not a problem now. 

Thanks, misery loves company. ☺

Message 8 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@800wannabe420  I'll keep you company then. Smiley Happy

My guess for my own is score card re-assignment. I noticed my negative reason code is different from previous months. Have you checked what your's stated?

Message 9 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@AllZero 

Nothing jumps out at me, looks the same as ever. This is a mystery to me for certain. I suppose we can only hope whatever the reason for the decrease fixes itself. That almost always works. 😲

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.