Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm Loan - PIF before it reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Affirm Loan - PIF before it reports

@Anonymous wrote:
Experian is the source. That is odd that the original balance shows $0. Good catch. I never said I was opening another loan now. Lol

I totally understand how it works. I’m opening another SSL before this one closes out in April. Think I clearly explained this above. If not my apologies.

This thread begins with you saying:

I recently took out a loan with Affirm. The first payment is due November 29th.

You then explain that this loan with Affirm was opened so very recently that it has not yet reported.

It looks like you very recently (Oct 12) opened an SSL with Navy, and then some number of days after that opened a loan with Affirm.  It does indeed look like you are opening multiple loans around the same time.

The SSL Technique is designed for a person who has no open loans and will not be opening any other loans in the next several months, possibly years.  That's why it still looks to me like you didn't fundamentally understand what the technique was and how it works -- or you wouldn't have opened a loan within a few weeks of the SSL.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. No, the affirm was something I unexpectedly took on for a product that hasn’t hit my report yet so that’s not effecting the impact or lackthereof of the SSL.

Sorry about that.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition I’m going to PIF on Affirm so it will never even show an open installment.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn’t checking my reports monthly
At the time I got the affirm loan. So I can’t comment accurately on what it did for my score, if anything.

It reports as an installment loan.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.