cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After two years, finally out of debt. 3% utilization. Score changes.

tag
jrands
Regular Contributor

Re: After two years, finally out of debt. 3% utilization. Score changes.

Congrats!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is fantastic to read. I remember when you started posting and your profile was a mess. I know this payout has been coming and I've been eager to see what your results would be. I know it's a little deflating to not get as many points as you'd hoped, but look how much your scores have improved. It's that 90-late that's holding them at this point. Scores will continue to climb over time and the day will come when it drops and when it does, your scores will go through the roof! But they don't need to - where you are now, a lot of opportunities are going to be opening to you very soon. Trust me, the hard part is done. You made it Smiley Happy

@Anonymous, I am late in thanking you and everyone else for your lovely comments! I wanted to update this thread because my score jumped up a little more in November. My guess is that November was the "magic month" when my 90-day late turned two years old. Here are my scores for November 1: (690 Experian, 700 Equivax, 697 Transunion, FICO 8). So I'm now in the 700 club for Equifax, and Transunion and Experian are not far behind.

FICO-scores-November-2020.jpg

I've used great self-control (by my low standards, lol) and not apped for another card for 7 months. SEVEN months! An amazing feat! But last night AMEX gave me a preapproval for a Blue Cash Preferred with a $300 sign up bonus and that was what I was waiting for! I pounced on that! ($8K limit! Another amazing feat considering my low income!)

I'll be starting a separate thread for the new AMEX card (and I got some other CLIs too). I'm going to cool it for a while because even though AMEX didn't give me a hard pull, this new card will bring down my average age of accounts by a little bit. (But I calculate that it won't be too bad.)

Thank you everyone for your wonderful advice and encouragement!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congrats on everything. I love a good success story. Keep up the good work.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And there it is, seven-hundo!  Great work.  Looks like your other 2 scores are knocking on that 700 door as well.  Success stories are always awesome to hear.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats @Anonymous not only for your score gains and paydown, but your great Amex approval as well. You're definitely winning at this point and will only continue to climb!

Message 15 of 17
Sax2610
Contributor

Congratulations 👏 on hanging in there through the rough times 

Message 16 of 17
Sax2610
Contributor

Way too go!!!!!!!! Congratulations 👏 👏 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.