Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 3 Scores Drop by 11-14 points.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All 3 Scores Drop by 11-14 points.

I am in the process of rebuilding in prep. for buying a new house.  I settled on my old house on 4/27 and the closed account has been reported.  All 3 scores dropped between 11 and 14 points.  I still have 2 installment loans open and current.  Is this drop permanent?  There is no other reason for a drop.  I was actually on the rise due to the moves I have been making since joining myFico.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: All 3 Scores Drop by 11-14 points.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the process of rebuilding in prep. for buying a new house.  I settled on my old house on 4/27 and the closed account has been reported.  All 3 scores dropped between 11 and 14 points.  I still have 2 installment loans open and current.  Is this drop permanent?  There is no other reason for a drop.  I was actually on the rise due to the moves I have been making since joining myFico.  Thanks.

Your mortgage scores dropped 11 to 14 points? If so, that would be unusual.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not my mortgage scores.  Just my other 3 scores.

Message 3 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not my mortgage scores.  Just my other 3 scores.

Oh well that probably explains it.

Your FICO 8's are very sensitive to aggregate installment utilization percentage. So when you close out a mostly-paid-off loan, you drive that percentage up.

It usually has little or no effect on your mortgage scores.

Since it's your mortgage scores you're interested in, you need to concentrate on them. They behave totally differently than the FICO 8's.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I am new and I gather that the mortgage scores are adjusted each month when I get my monthly update. If my assumption is correct I will have to wait until June 5. 

Message 5 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I am new and I gather that the mortgage scores are adjusted each month when I get my monthly update. If my assumption is correct I will have to wait until June 5. 

The mortgage scores are in fact adjusting every day. But the only way you can get access to them is to pay MyFICO the big bucks and pull them.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I will be patient and wait. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero has a macro with links to a mortgage score source IIRC.

Message 8 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero has a macro with links to a mortgage score source IIRC.

👍

Free mortgage scores

EX2 + 3 Bureau FICO 8 scores and reports for free or $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.

TU4 WyHy quarterly score. Not sure on membership requirement.

EQ5 Get a savings account with DCU. Soft pull EQ to be a member. Free monthly score.

You can also obtain your 3 bureau mortgage scores at FICO Advanced . Cancel plan after you obtain your scores and reports to avoid re-occurring monthly charge.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AllZero - you're never far away are you? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.