cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All EX 2's (MTG, BC and AUTO) up 10+ pts with AoYA 6 months or...

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: All EX 2's (MTG, BC and AUTO) up 10+ pts with AoYA 6 months or...

AoYA - revolvers.  To be honest I'm not sure about the difference as I was told retail cards are considered "charge" cards but my 2 are considered a revolver on all of my reports.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 11 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I agree, we do need some slight distinction from revolving and charge card.

Not discussed too much but what about revolving lines of credit: CLoC, PLoC?
Message 12 of 22
Trudy
Valued Contributor

My PLOC is also considered a revolver on every report.

Message 13 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

My PLOC is also considered a revolver on every report.

Yes, mine does too. To clarify, for future discussion purposes, is a designator required? Generally, most people write about revolvers and charge cards.

Side note: Not that it matters. VantageScore does not appear to include credit line in total credit line.

Message 14 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrudyAAoA? AAoC?

I am using AAOC rather than AAORA, because we are trying to differentiate from loans but yet we still must take into account non-revolver cards such as charge cards. So I think the best terminology may be with a C for card?

AAoC, AoYC? AoOC?

FICO 2 charge cards = revolvers.

Actually I'd submit that's true for all FICO algorithms, charge cards only get discounted from revolving utilization metrics because Term = 1 month.

        
Message 15 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Trudy wrote:

AoYA - revolvers.  To be honest I'm not sure about the difference as I was told retail cards are considered "charge" cards but my 2 are considered a revolver on all of my reports.

They are mistaken.

Retail revolvers are credit cards regardless of what the idiotic statements are on the reports.

Charge cards, namely explicitly those that must be PIF every single month, those have term = 1 month.  Anything which doesn't have that, isn't a charge card under FICO's definitions. 

I would suggest we keep the same TBH.

        
Message 16 of 22
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Curious.  Examples of charge cards (1 month terms)?

Message 17 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Trudy wrote:

Curious.  Examples of charge cards (1 month terms)?

Amex Zync / Green / Gold / Plat.

I honestly don't know of a single other one on the market, though Diners Club I think had some back in the day.

It's hard to read but this is an example from the Experian CMS of a charge card and how it's listed.  Also note CL is "unavailable" though other bureaus it might read differently for a true NPSL like an Amex charge card.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 4.51.03 PM.png

        
Message 18 of 22
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I noticed the Account Type says Credit Card - Revolving Terms.  So if this account reports a balance is it not included in your revolver UTL or is the distinction only made for things like # of accounts reporting a balance?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that’s the whole point charge cards are not counted in utilization except for I think EX2.

They are counted towards number of accounts/revolvers with a balance on all algorithms I’m aware of.

OK so we will keep the designation of R knowing that it also includes charge cards and lines of credit.

Yes @Trudy retail cards are revolvers despite the nomenclature. Do not be fooled there are very few true charge cards.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.