Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Zero Penalty to AZEO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All Zero Penalty to AZEO

@AnonymousMay I ask what the average age of your revolving accounts was at that time?

Message 61 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousMay I ask what the average age of your revolving accounts were at that time?

Same as AoYA - 4mos. 2 cards at that time, both 4mos old.

I always counted from the 1st. Those cards were opened on the 20th and 23rd of December 2018. They both showed as 1mo on a myFICO 3B report on January 10, 2019.

But VantageScore 3.0 counts those same cards differently! My VS3 ages are a month behind myFICO's. So VS3 AoYA was 3mos at that time and I received +44pts on those scores - which is a known significant aging threshold for VS3.

Message 62 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should’ve known that.

To be honest I think there are some built-in point gains over your first two years if you don’t have a delinquency and I think your score would’ve been higher now had you started with a credit card rather than a loan.

I think it’s coming from payment history.

Edit: based on new data, age of oldest Revolving account is a very important Scoring Factor over at least the first few years of profile for sure probably past that. AAOA appears to come at multiples of six months; AOYA appears to come in multiples of 3 months. 11/15/20

Message 63 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe there’s a percentage of OnTime payments divided by number of accounts? I don’t know
Message 64 of 74
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

No I'm not getting my numbers from CK. I'm getting them from my account on EX not to say it's not possible they are wrong but the AOYA at 5 months is correct for sure, that's easy to calculate, same with AOOA is 10 years 7 months that's right. Now AAOA at 4 years 10 months according to EX seems right I actually think I calculated it myself awhile back and it was right but u never know.

Like I said though, there was no other change to my report at all, not even a new payment being reported. And even if it was 5 years I read other threads where people reported getting no gain at AAOA at 5 years.

The scoring algorithm might just be way too complex to truly figure out or it's possible thresholds don't exist, or they do but it is dependent on other simultaneous factors.

What we need to do on these forums is Everytime someone gets an aging point gain, meaning they gained points and nothing changed on their profile except a month increase in all categories of AAOA, AOOA, AOYA, so everyone needs to record that gain and see if we can figure it out.

EDIT- I just thought, maybe exact thresholds vary based on other profile characteristics.

Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 65 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

No we’re pretty sure that the thresholds are consistent even if they don’t exist on every scorecard.

Yes Experian can be wrong they are wrong for my average age right now.

Very odd I would look for inquiries that came off or accounts that dropped off you need to go over your before and after report with a fine tooth comb.
Message 66 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more comment I meant to make. Many people here don’t even calculate their ages so when they report data points we have to
give a margin of error because they don’t even do their calculations for their age themselves.

Another point of misunderstanding, most people use AOYA which includes loans, however my testing has confirmed that loans does not reset AoYA, so your youngest account was it a loan or a credit card?
Message 67 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Egaffne2  lastly do you have any AU accounts?

Edited

Message 68 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies, I see you do have an AU account. May I please know it’s reported balance? And do you have any balances on any other cards that are primaries?
Message 69 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your ages are most likely being thrown off by that authorized user account. Do you even know whether or not it’s counting on version eight?
Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.