Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All accounts gone from CRAs, but FICO score still says I have negative accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All accounts gone from CRAs, but FICO score still says I have negative accounts

I had some old negative accounts deleted from my CR. They are all gone now, but my FICO score has not improved much. Under the reasons for my score, the CRAs say that I have 1 negative account, but when I go to see the account, there are none. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All accounts gone from CRAs, but FICO score still says I have negative accounts

Your subject line says that you have no accounts.  Do you mean that you have some positive accounts but no negative accounts?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All accounts gone from CRAs, but FICO score still says I have negative accounts

If you're seeing a negative reason code which is pointing to a negative account or negative item, it must still exist on your report.  If you removed a bunch of negative items but one still remains, your score isn't likely to improve much.  When that final piece of negative information is removed, you'll see a nice increase.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.