Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU Benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex AU Benefits

hey guys my credit score is a 626 FICO 8 score i have 1 collection which is being settled for 75% off and i have 9 Hard inquires thats it, i have a citi secure card 200$ limit, capital one quiksilver 300$ limit and a self inc builder loan ive decided my jewelers club and all of the other clubs are a no go to build out my credit profile so im going to get a discover IT secured that will one day graduate question I have a buddy of mines that says he can add me on his Amex Delta Platinum Card CL is 11k$ great payment history not sure of the age if he adds me will that help boosy my overall score? and help my revolving credit? my utilization is high around 80% but im paying on it weekly to get it down under 10% any suggesstions?? Thanks fico family 

3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex AU Benefits

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys my credit score is a 626 FICO 8 score i have 1 collection which is being settled for 75% off and i have 9 Hard inquires thats it, i have a citi secure card 200$ limit, capital one quiksilver 300$ limit and a self inc builder loan ive decided my jewelers club and all of the other clubs are a no go to build out my credit profile so im going to get a discover IT secured that will one day graduate question I have a buddy of mines that says he can add me on his Amex Delta Platinum Card CL is 11k$ great payment history not sure of the age if he adds me will that help boosy my overall score? and help my revolving credit? my utilization is high around 80% but im paying on it weekly to get it down under 10% any suggesstions?? Thanks fico family 

Are you saying that out of your two CCs ($500 CL), the outstanding balance is $400. If yes, do everything in your power to get one to $0 and the other to <8.9%. 

What are your other 2 FICO scores?

What is the CL and balance on the self lender loan?

Are there any other derogs on your CRs?

Without knowing your complete credit profile and the outstanding balance on your buddy's AmX Delta, it's difficult to know if being added as an AU will help you or not. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If the card were to report on your credit bureau reports, it would be listed as a newly opened account.  Amex AUs no longer inherit the account age or payment history as with other cards.  If it greatly helps your utilization, you may see a scoring boost but that may be discarded by lenders as many of their internal mechanisms discard AU accounts.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh Got it I won't be getting the amex AU after ALL it doesn't benefit me with AGE BUT I have a VERIZON collection I'm paying off I'll just build my credit profile the right way 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.