Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AZEO to AZE2 DP

tag
arkane
Established Contributor

Another AZEO to AZE2 DP

Two weeks ago I increased my CL from 15k to 24k on my BoA card, and I passed the 6 month mark on AoYA as well. Figured I might as well play around with AZEO vs AZE2 and see how the scores change for my specific profile. Details as follows: (FICO 8 scores pulled from CCT)

June 8:

Total CL: $33700

Barclays Uber: $417/$5000 = 9% individual util

AZEO = $417/$33700 = 2% aggregate util

EQ: 761

TU: 779

EX: 777

VS 3.0: 764

June 21:

Total CL: $42700

BoA Cash Rewards: $223/$24000 = 1% individual util

AZE2 = $640/$42700 = 2% aggregate util

EQ and EX unchanged, TU decreased one single point from 779 to 778. Funnily enough my VS3.0 actually went up one point to 765. (though I strongly suspect this is more to do with increased available credit than anything else)

So going from AZEO to AZE2 amounted to essentially a mouse fart on TU for my file. Smiley Happy  My Barclays Uber cuts on the 23rd, and I have an opportunity to let it go above 8.9% util this round and also bring the aggregate util up to about 4%. Contemplating whether to do this for an extra DP, or if I might need to squeeze every last point since there's a remote (but non-zero) chance I may hop out of the garden.

P.S. One more thing: just noticed that "number of inquiries" is no longer listed as a negative reason code on my EQ report, and the most recent inquiry has aged past 6 months. Hmmm...

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Another AZEO to AZE2 DP

@arkane wrote:

Two weeks ago I increased my CL from 15k to 24k on my BoA card, and I passed the 6 month mark on AoYA as well. Figured I might as well play around with AZEO vs AZE2 and see how the scores change for my specific profile. Details as follows: (FICO 8 scores pulled from CCT)

June 8:

Total CL: $33700

AZEO = $417/$33700 = 2% aggregate util

EQ: 761

TU: 779

EX: 777

VS 3.0: 764

June 21:

Total CL: $42700

BoA Cash Rewards: $223/$24000 = 1% individual util

AZE2 = $640/$42700 = 2% aggregate util

EQ and EX unchanged, TU decreased one single point from 779 to 778. Funnily enough my VS3.0 actually went up one point to 765. (though I strongly suspect this is more to do with increased available credit than anything else)

So going from AZEO to AZE2 amounted to essentially a mouse fart on TU for my file. Smiley Happy  My Barclays Uber cuts on the 23rd, and I have an opportunity to let it go above 8.9% util this round and also bring the aggregate util up to about 4%. Contemplating whether to do this for an extra DP, or if I might need to squeeze every last point since there's a remote (but non-zero) chance I may hop out of the garden.

P.S. One more thing: just noticed that "number of inquiries" is no longer listed as a negative reason code on my EQ report, and the most recent inquiry has aged past 6 months. Hmmm...

AZEO is assuming 3 cards and is 1/3 of cards reporting. If you have 6 cards AZE2 is same ratio. 9 cards AZE3, 12 AZE4. Best I can tell as long as less than half report, it makes little difference in scores as long as utilization is low.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 9
arkane
Established Contributor

I have 4 cards, so 2/4 is exactly 50%. Glad to see I'm not being penalized on EQ since I've read somewhere EQ can start dinging you when >1/3 of your cards report a balance. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 3 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I have six cards. When two of them report positive balances, my EQ FICO8 is dinged by four points. The other two FICO8 scores remain the same. This is totally predictable as I've seen the change occur many times.

I recently had three of my six cards report positive balances for about a day. EQ dinged me by an additional two points. TU dinged me by seven. EX remained the same as it would have been with only one card reporting a balance. My points came back when the positive balance was replaced by a zero balance the next day.

The bottom line is that it's different for everyone. It's cool to know how your profile reacts. That way, the score changes aren't surprises.

Message 4 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I had 3 of 6 report. One card always sat at $70 to stay AZEO but I paid it off knowing the new Discover would post $300 or 5% 1/3. Venture did their $59 annual fee-2/3. And a stinkin $13 report on the third card that didnt go from pending before statement cut 3/3. The $59 went to 0. Back to 2/3. EQ went down 4 points with the new account then another alert a day later up 4 points for going from $59 to $0.  TU and EX no change at all. Sat the $13 will be AZEO again. Just Discover with 5% for $300 of $38,700 total CL. We'll see what happens.

Message 5 of 9
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I have six cards. When two of them report positive balances, my EQ FICO8 is dinged by four points. The other two FICO8 scores remain the same. This is totally predictable as I've seen the change occur many times.

I recently had three of my six cards report positive balances for about a day. EQ dinged me by an additional two points. TU dinged me by seven. EX remained the same as it would have been with only one card reporting a balance. My points came back when the positive balance was replaced by a zero balance the next day.

The bottom line is that it's different for everyone. It's cool to know how your profile reacts. That way, the score changes aren't surprises.

^ Agreed. Everyone should test their own profile to determine how Fico treats it when # cards reporting changes.

It's an easy test with no historical impact. The OP should test AZE2 and AZE3 with small balances to compare against AZE1 and AZ. Generally I don't advocate testing AZ anymore because it's pretty cut and dry for all profiles from what I can tell (typically a 15 to 20 point drop) although range might extend to 10 - 25 with outliers.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 6 of 9
arkane
Established Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Very very true.

I found the results to be pretty interesting for my profile so I made this thread, and also to show people that sometimes depending on your profile, accidentally going AZE2 instead of AZEO won't cause a credit apocalypse. Smiley Happy

I'm actually really glad I tested out AZE2, because now I know there's essentially no payoff for micromanaging so much for my file. The only thing I'd still do is keep each individual card at <8.9% util, but even that may not be totally necessary.

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

It's an easy test with no historical impact. The OP should test AZE2 and AZE3 with small balances to compare against AZE1 and AZ. Generally I don't advocate testing AZ anymore because it's pretty cut and dry for all profiles from what I can tell (typically a 15 to 20 point drop) although range might extend to 10 - 25 with outliers.

Not a bad idea actually given I have a Chase card. Any temporary score ding from AZE3 should disappear as soon as I PTZ the Chase card and it reports in a few days.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@arkane wrote:

I found the results to be pretty interesting for my profile so I made this thread, and also to show people that sometimes depending on your profile, accidentally going AZE2 instead of AZEO won't cause a credit apocalypse. Smiley Happy

I'm actually really glad I tested out AZE2, because now I know there's essentially no payoff for micromanaging so much for my file. The only thing I'd still do is keep each individual card at <8.9% util, but even that may not be totally necessary.

Thanks for sharing.

I would suggest, at your score level, the 1 to 3 point changes aren't going to affect your approvals.

Only if there is a baddie lurking in your file, but that impact would not be a result of a 1 to 3 point change.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 9
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@arkane wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Very very true.

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Not a bad idea actually given I have a Chase card. Any temporary score ding from AZE3 should disappear as soon as I PTZ the Chase card and it reports in a few days.

I usually PIF before the statement cuts on all cards except the one that my sister is an AU on, which is used by her and paid by her. Ocassionally, I've had 2, 3, or even 4 report small balances, with no extreme score drop. I have over 15 cards though. What I've learned is that my score is fairly resiliant, so I mainly just focus on the main thing of never having any baddies. I usually make multiple payments every month. My scores just sort of take care of themselves by habitually handling my credit responsibly. I really don't keep up with what the statement cut dates are now, because the main reason I don't pay a balance will be, if I have charges showing as pending, I sometimes wait till those post to PIF. Otherwise, if I see a balance, I pay the balance.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.