cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Reason Why My Exp Is Significantly Lagging Both my EQ and TU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Reason Why My Exp Is Significantly Lagging Both my EQ and TU?

Looking to the community to possibly help me understand this phenoma:

05.17.18 scorecard.jpg

All account data in terms of balances, prior delinquencies, etc., is pretty consistent across all 3, though some differences in # inquiries being reported: EQ = 12, TU = 10, EX = 11.

Nothing - at least to me - stands out as driving a 30+ point difference. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Any Reason Why My Exp Is Significantly Lagging Both my EQ and TU?

Without knowing what is or is not on your files, including closed accounts. I see EX has updated the score today vs EQ and TU. Is it possible that 1 or more accounts is NOT showing on EX, but is on EQ and TU? Or vice versa, only on EX . It could be the utilization threshold has been crossed into a higher bracket. Is any derogs reporting or updating each and every month on EX only?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many of those inquiries are within last 12 months?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousHow many of those inquiries are within last 12 months?

Great question above posed by OM.  Someone could have 20 inquiries on EX and only 5 on TU, but their TU score would be held back more if those 5 inquiries all came in the last year and the 20 on EX all came 1-2 years ago.

Also a question for the OP, what is your AAoA for each bureau?  Due to the presence or absence of accounts and/or dating issues, it's not uncommon to see AAoA vary from bureau to bureau.  For example, my AAoA on EX is 1.1 years less than it is on TU, which is one of the reasons my score is 10 points less on EX than TU.

It's also worth mentioning that a 30-point variance between top and bottom score even with identical bureau data has been reported on this site many times.  Although the "norm" may be more like 10-15 points, it isn't unheard of to see twice that.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thought DollyLama - I double-checked and that perhaps makes it even more a mystery. I've been paying down all my revolving pretty much evenly across all 3 accounts (Cap One Plat, Cap QS, AMEX BCP). The most recent month's paydown was reflected in that EX update you picked up on, but has yet to reflect in TU and EQ!! And it's still lower.... Utilization on all 3 revolving is well below 25%.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking that information now OM and BBS....

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, as they say, herein might lie the rub.... I feel like grasshopper in KungFu - learning from the masters, but very much appreciate the wisdom you guys share.

So, AAoA shows the same for EQ and EX at 66 months; TU shows 59.

Inquiries, however, is a different story; and, they're not as similar as I thought. I think part of my lesson is I need to pay closer attention to the details....

In the last 12 months: EQ = 5; TU = 2; EX = 6. To which, I thought, still does not tell the story, it seems, of why EX is 30 pts lower. That is, until I looked at timing WITHIN the last 12 months. In 2018, both EQ and TU had 2, all in January, and for EX I had 5, also in January. I applied for and received Cap ONE QS and AMEX Gold Rewards and BCP in Jan. I guess the piper has to be paid at some point, smh... But would a difference of 3 inquiries cost me 30 pts?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't say 30, but it could definitely make up half of that and the other half could just be the natural variation between scores that nearly everyone sees. Nice job with your research and digging deeper into the differences between your bureau data!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - your help and advice have been invaluable. Loving this forum!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.