Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any negative to filing a dispute? Help! lol

tag
slither43
Regular Contributor

Any negative to filing a dispute? Help! lol

I had a recent mortgage late (my only remaining negative) drop off of both my TU and EQ reports. It's been 2 months and it's still there on EX. Not sure exactly why it came off as it was only 5 years old and was removed on it's own, assumably by the servicing company that reported it. Anyway, wondering if there was any negative that could come from filing a dispute? Think they may just drop it on their own if I wait it out?? I'm at a loss as to what provoked it in the first place and I don't want to do anything to annoy the powers that be and have them report it again on the other CRA's. Needless to say, EX is lagging way behind and I'd love for all 3 scores to be pushing that 800 mark. I've put so much effort into getting where I am from the low 500's 18 months ago and I feel like I'm this one little step from success! Thoughts???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Any negative to filing a dispute? Help! lol

@slither43 wrote:

I had a recent mortgage late (my only remaining negative) drop off of both my TU and EQ reports. It's been 2 months and it's still there on EX. Not sure exactly why it came off as it was only 5 years old and was removed on it's own, assumably by the servicing company that reported it. Anyway, wondering if there was any negative that could come from filing a dispute? Think they may just drop it on their own if I wait it out?? I'm at a loss as to what provoked it in the first place and I don't want to do anything to annoy the powers that be and have them report it again on the other CRA's. Needless to say, EX is lagging way behind and I'd love for all 3 scores to be pushing that 800 mark. I've put so much effort into getting where I am from the low 500's 18 months ago and I feel like I'm this one little step from success! Thoughts???

Are you in NY?  They have a 5 year exclusion (I think I've got that right!).

Other than that, it sounds like it is correctly reporting, so you have no grounds for a dispute. 
Just enjoy the other two scores and don't annoy EX or cause the original lender to report them back to EQ/TU.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 5
slither43
Regular Contributor

Not the answer I was hoping for but what I was expecting. I'm in PA so that theory doesn't apply. Maybe there's something here that I'm not aware of though. Hmmm

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait it out. Ex was the last to drop my foreclosure. I know how tempting it is to hit that dispute button, but just hold your breath.
Message 4 of 5
slither43
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait it out and hope for the best. It's killing me that it's the only baddie on any of my reports now. Patience is not my thing! haha

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.