cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips to get AU account to start reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any tips to get AU account to start reporting?

I got added to an AU Chase card back in October. It is a card of my mom's. Since we share the same last name and I bought her previous house so I have a common address that she has on her profile as well.

The card has never shown on my reports. Is there anything I can do? It has been 2 and a half months and nothing. Would calling Chase do anything? I never activated the card or made a purchase. I thought I had read that wouldn't play a part of it but should I give it a shot? What about taking myself off and then after a few months get added back on?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any tips to get AU account to start reporting?

Surely activating the card and making a purchase seems wise.  It might then take another 2-3 months to appear.  For all people the appearence of a new card in the mail (AU or otherwise) should be accompanied by activating it and making a purchase -- assuming you care about the card and want it to appear on your report.

If in 2-3 months the AU account has still not appeared, you could certainly call Chase.

Message 2 of 7
WD2005
Contributor

I'd love to know as well. I added my son, who has the same first and last name.... but not middle.....to my Discover It card back in June. Despite him getting a card with his middle initial added it still isn't reporting. My wife was added as an AU, the same day, and she's been reporting since the first statement cut. I keep sending them messages to no avail. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely activating the card and making a purchase seems wise.  It might then take another 2-3 months to appear.  For all people the appearence of a new card in the mail (AU or otherwise) should be accompanied by activating it and making a purchase -- assuming you care about the card and want it to appear on your report.

If in 2-3 months the AU account has still not appeared, you could certainly call Chase.

Thank you I will give it a try. I had read at one time that people had mentioned having the card sent to the owner of the account and not even receiving it and having it report. I will see. If in a few months it doesn't report I will try to get taken off and then readded.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had some fun with a couple AU accounts myself and joint accounts. I had to call the creditor and have them push the change to the CRA’s
Message 5 of 7
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Their is some benefits from being added as an authorised user, because it will be considered in the Fico score.Since people "gamed the system" about 10 years ago,Fico recalculated the Fico 8 scoring model and it certainly counts for less since then.The best positive information is a credit card account of your very own with current monthly positive information,a low balance (reported way below 10%) and create a long history.That is where the best benefits will be.

Message 6 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@DIYcredit wrote:

Their is some benefits from being added as an authorised user, because it will be considered in the Fico score.Since people "gamed the system" about 10 years ago,Fico recalculated the Fico 8 scoring model and it certainly counts for less since then.The best positive information is a credit card account of your very own with current monthly positive information,a low balance (reported way below 10%) and create a long history.That is where the best benefits will be.

Being added as an AU to a CC with long positive history still does the trick. It's in manual reviews where it doesn't help.

That's why you use it to jump start your credit and then grab a couple of your own revolving accounts. 😉

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.