Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have this happen?? What does it mean

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have this happen?? What does it mean

Usually aren't reason codes limited to about 3 per bureau?  So, if you happen to have 3 stronger reason codes at the moment they could be being displayed rather than a code you had a few months back when those one or more of those 3 stronger ones wasn't as big of a factor.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 greending codes and 4 red codes.....

And doesn't explain why a r3d would turn green when it should be the other way....

Next...
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you received the green (good message) which of the three credit bureaus was it associated with?  TU, EQ, or EX?

When you received the red (bad message) which credit bureau was it associated with? 

Do you know the answers to those questions?  If you do and can tell us what they are, that may help.

Message 13 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you received the green (good message) which of the three credit bureaus was it associated with?  TU, EQ, or EX?

When you received the red (bad message) which credit bureau was it associated with? 

Do you know the answers to those questions?  If you do and can tell us what they are, that may help.

The green messages are meaningless, they're just interpretation of the data, and have no instrinsic bearing as to your score.

Reason codes are *always* negative, and they're the ones to watch.  So with the high balances on his reason codes, just means he's over the 10% line (which is where mine fell off at least).

        
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 4 greending codes and 4 red codes.....

And doesn't explain why a r3d would turn green when it should be the other way....

Next...

Sure it could.  Read my previous post and just change the number "3" to "4" and the same applies.

As Rev stated, however, don't over think the positive reason codes all too much.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the initial question was...

Why would the green turn to red when my accounts got better....ie. less Balance
Message 16 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Because whoever wrote the FICO consumer parsing algorithm made some decision that something else was more important to label as a positive.

The red ones count, the green ones don't.  Can't stress this enough.

        
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Because whatever greens you have now are considered by whoever wrote the program to be more meaningful than the former one that is no longer there.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically u don't know.....lol.....no need to write esoteria
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The green messages are meaningless, they're just interpretation of the data, and have no instrinsic bearing as to your score.

Reason codes are *always* negative, and they're the ones to watch.  So with the high balances on his reason codes, just means he's over the 10% line (which is where mine fell off at least).

Thanks R.  Immensely helpful observation.  If I am understanding you aright, the green messages were made up by whoever is writing that particular credit monitoring system (whether myFICO or Credit Check Total or at least a dozen other CMS's one could name).  The red messages are rooted directly in the FICO model itself and are common to any CMS that is pulling that particular model with that bureau's data.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.