cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone notice AoYA awards on older models? When?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Anyone notice AoYA awards on older models? When?

During my testing, I received my AoYA awards at 12 months for Version 8; however, I did not for 5-4-2, 3 and I lost points on Version 9!

My guess is there must be a threshold other than 12 months for 5-4-2 and 3, and who knows with 9 taking points for reaching 12 months AoYA.

So, I ask you, the forum, who has noticed/observed AoYA awards on models other than Version 8 and WHEN did you see them, at what AoYA?

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
10 REPLIES 10
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone notice AoYA awards on older models? When?

Unfortunately back when I reached 12 months AoYA the only scores I were consistenly tracking were my Classic 8s with $1 CCT trials.  It wasn't until well after that when I started checking out other score flavors.

Message 2 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Although nothing on F8, +2 on EX bankcard 2 and +3 on bankcard 3.  No change on MTG. 

I have a 3B from myFICO from 7/9 before and 8/2 after AoYA hitting 12M but not sure it can be pinned down due to UTL changes that I believe impacted my scores during this time.

FICO 8 as of 09/17/19
FICO 9 as of 09/02/19
AoOA - 23Y6M | AAoA - 11Y4M | AoYA - 0Y1M
1 30 day late on EX (12/2012)
Open: 9 CC | 2 RC | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan | 2 RC
Message 3 of 11
Valued Contributor

Trudy Thank you. Yes, gotta be clean and not conflated. Utilization will screw it up for sure.

With that said, could those be AAOA points? AoYA points I would expect to be higher.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 4 of 11
Frequent Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
Trudy Thank you. Yes, gotta be clean and not conflated. Utilization will screw it up for sure.

With that said, could those be AAOA points? AoYA points I would expect to be higher.

My AAoA is now 11Y4M (in sig ) after new acct hit  9/2019.  Was 12Y1M prior. From what I "think" I've learned here I've maxed this once I hit 7Y5M+ on AAoA.  I'm thinking the buffer thing is in play  here and only lost 1 pt on EQ after new acct reported on this clean file as a result; actually more but being at 850 with a buffer may make it look minimal???

FICO 8 as of 09/17/19
FICO 9 as of 09/02/19
Message 5 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Birdman7, we've been back and forth on several post with simliar topics lately, not sure I answered your question for this topic.  (I should truly not post after happy hour and wait until the next day Smiley Happy ).

FICO 8 as of 09/17/19
FICO 9 as of 09/02/19
Message 6 of 11
Valued Contributor

LOL Trudy, you’re good!

And I concur if you are above 7.5 AAOA on every CRA, and the new account didn’t bring you below that, then I agree that has nothing to do with AAoA.

It has been a long couple of days, forgive me for forgetting that your data points were higher than that. 😉

Message 7 of 11
Super Contributor

While it's a very minor difference, I believe TTs theory was that maximum points are realized for AAoA at 92 months.  I'm not sure if that's across all 3B or what, or even if that's 100% concrete.  Anyway, 92 months is 7 years 8 months, or 2 months longer than 7.5 years.  Just something to consider if we're talking an AAoA that's on the cusp right around 7.5 years or a month older, give or take.

Message 8 of 11
Valued Contributor

Very well may be, and thank you for the clarification. No doubt TT did not say that without good reason.

Wonder if that's just Version 8 or all?

Message 9 of 11
Super Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

Wonder if that's just Version 8 or all?

Not sure and I'd also like to know if that goes for all 3B as well.

I'll be able to do some testing with this in the upcoming months, as I've had an account or two fall off in recent months so my AAoA has been fluctuating right around the time in question.  I think on one bureau right now I'm at 8 years AAoA, but on the other 2 something like 7 years 2 months and 7 years 5 months.  I'll grab a 28 score pull at the end of this month and then again after the 1st of next month to see what happens when I reach 7 years 6 months on that one bureau (EQ, I believe) and then in a few months I'll do the same thing for 7 years 6 months on the other bureau (EX, I believe) and then the same thing again for both for 7 years 7 months --> 7 years 8 months.  If I happen to have another account drop off TU that allows me to drop below the testing zone there, I can check that out too.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.