cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone notice AoYA awards on older models? When?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone notice AoYA awards on older models? When?

Would be great information to have. I was just reading LN codes and they like over 7 years 8 months for a lot of things. Weird thing I learned tho, I didn't know. They look positively on CU revolvers/accounts and on percentage of CU revolvers/ to bank revolvers/. Tops out at 33%.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/mature/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record to start.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 11 of 16
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My FICO 2 score did not change on 9.1.19 when I hit 1-year AoYA. However, on 9.22.19 when my account hit the real 1-year mark and my Inq also hit 1 I gained 6 points.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Platinum
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture VS
Chase: Freedom U VS, CSR VI
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity VS
Credit Union: Rewards Visa
FICO 08: (8.12.20) EX: 835 / EQ: 846 / TU: 834
Message 12 of 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

sjt Thank you for the data point.

I don’t know what all monitoring services you have, but did you notice any changes in any other scores variants of 2004 or 1998 models? Bank card versions, automobile versions? Or the other mortgage scores?

And I assume six points is what you lost for the inquiry a year ago?

I’m beginning to think more and more that it’s larger than a 12 month window for the older models. It has to be unless we have some people chime in with contradictory data points.

I just hope we can figure out what the window is, whether it’s 18 months or what. BBS didn’t see any changes at 24 months but there is some argument to a 25 month mark, I wonder if BBS monitored that?
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record to start.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 13 of 16
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
sjt Thank you for the data point.

I don’t know what all monitoring services you have, but did you notice any changes in any other scores variants of 2004 or 1998 models? Bank card versions, automobile versions? Or the other mortgage scores?

And I assume six points is what you lost for the inquiry a year ago?

I bought a 3B report in mid September. I'll compare that with the earlier 3B report I have and report back.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Platinum
Message 14 of 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

sjt Off topic, but nice 8 scores too! So I assume version eight gave a nice bump? Are you going to do a thread on it?

For the record your file is obviously clean and thick, is it aged or non-aged? What’s your AoOA, please?

I added a comment to the last post and you’d already answered it...and now I’m doing it again LOL.. just didn’t know if you got the comment that I added.

RIP:

Message 15 of 16
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

4.8 years AAOA. Oldest Account 11 years.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.