Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoYA 3 months and/or AoOA 15 months threshold. +23

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AoYA 3 months and/or AoOA 15 months threshold. +23

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by "everywhere else that people normally look at their credit report data".

The only place I look for the credit report account balance data is under "accounts".

Exactly, right where one normally looks.

But I decided to check in here, on the 'Dispute Center' link, and I found the account balance I was expecting to show up this month - $117. That is not what was on the usual place we all look for our balances. The usual place everyone checks had the old February balance of $135.

Dispute Center. A totally separate area where you can check account balances.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Which bank is this credit card with, the one that reported the balance on the 1st?

It's my local credit union. Their cards are handled through a credit union service organization (CUSO) named PSCU. This is not 'Public Service Credit Union', this is a card services provider for many different credit unions- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSCU

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not surprised that Experian gets a balance and re-calculates scores before it populates it to the front end software. Especially a one day delay no problem. That’s why you need to have your due date moved on that card. That’s the only way you’re going to be able to isolate aging related changes. if that’s even possible... some credit unions don’t have that option
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am not surprised that Experian gets a balance and re-calculates scores before it populates it to the front end software. Especially a one day delay no problem. That’s why you need to have your due date moved on that card. That’s the only way you’re going to be able to isolate aging related changes. if that’s even possible... some credit unions don’t have that option

I'm going to try. This is the 3rd statement balance I've paid in full on this card within a day or 2 of closing, so if it's possible, I would think they would have no problem with it.

Tomorrow is the closing on my 2nd card, which is the final update for this month at the CRA's. I'm going to check that dispute center/accounts link again and see if it shows up the same day. Then I'll see how long it takes to get to the front-end.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2nd card closed yesterday and Experian had the updated balance today around noon.

Aggregate changed from 7% to 6% with no additional changes in score. I also had an Experian 3 bureau report to use this month and that showed EQ up +14 and TU still up the same +10.

I'm waiting until Friday the 8th to use my monthly myFICO 3B+ report to see if anything happened with FICO 9 and the rest of the FICO scores.

(Cut and pasted the relevant sections together.)

Experian March 6th final statement closing of the month. 7% to 6% aggregate.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, April 1st, my Vantage Score 3.0 jumped +44 points on TU, +44 points on EQ due to AAoA and/or AoYA reaching 3 months. I remember seeing a graph posted somewhere on these forums by Thomas_Thumb that showed a logarithmic curve from 0 to 3mos on VS3.

I don't know how VS3 handles aging calculations, but it definitely isn't 'backdated to the 1st of the month' as it is with FICO. My 2 cards were both opened in late December which means their exact date of reaching 3 months would be late March, but the score didn't update on those exact opening dates.

TU VS3 went from 686 to 730.

EQ VS3 went from 690 to 734.

I can now look forward to more useless pre-approved offers in the mail. Yay.

Vantage Score 3.0 AAoA/AoYA 3 months aging threshold.

Tags: Vantage Score 3.0 , VantageScore , VS3 , aging , threshold , 3 , month , aaoa , aoya

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CassieCard If they can, I'm sure they'll be happy to do so, even without regard to your stellar payment performance.

I've seemed to notice EX updates at 3am, every morning EST.

I expected no change from aggregate utilization. Confirmed.

My bet is on AoYA. I cannot tell you anything about Vantage score whatsoever.

Good to hear from you, Cassie.
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not aware that VS 3.0 seeing aging didn't take place the same way FICO does.  If you opened an account at any point in December it would be 3 months old on 3/1/19, but you're saying that VS 3.0 didn't see 3 months of age until 4/1, which in the eyes of the FICO algorithm was 4 months old.  Is that correct?  That's sort of the opposite of FICO, actually... where FICO sees it on the 1st of the month at a date actually before 3 months really hits, where VS 3.0 doesn't view it as reaching that age until the 1st of the month after.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was not aware that VS 3.0 seeing aging didn't take place the same way FICO does.  If you opened an account at any point in December it would be 3 months old on 3/1/19, but you're saying that VS 3.0 didn't see 3 months of age until 4/1, which in the eyes of the FICO algorithm was 4 months old.  Is that correct?

Yes, that is exactly what happened. My Experian CreditWorks report from yesterday (Apr 1) has the following:

AoOA: 1 yr 4 mos

AAoA: 8 mos

AoYA: 4 mos

Credit Karma now shows AAoA at 3 mos with AoYA at 3 mos., since VS3 doesn't count my closed SSL.

VS3 seems to date accounts like FICO does with inquiries.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My bet is on AoYA. I cannot tell you anything about Vantage score whatsoever.

Search these forums for 'aoya 3 month' and you'll find several other posts reporting decent point gains as well. It seems to be specific to those with a relatively new credit history - I don't think I saw an AoOA over 4yrs on those posts.

My April 1st (yesterday) Experian CreditWorks report showed no change in any score due to aging. My credit union Mastercard usually closes on the 1st, but not this month. I haven't even received an email about a new statement yet, and their online portal doesn't even show a new one.

That's good news for the 5% aggregate utilization data point thread! This will be a super clean 6% to 5% test.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.