Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoYA penalty Clean/aged/thick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AoYA penalty Clean/aged/thick

This thread will detail the 1st and 2nd revolvers reporting and associated score changes subsequent to reaching 12 months AoYA
So, recall I received my AoYA awards:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/12-mo-AoYA-awards-clean-aged-thick/m-p/5...
My loan hit: (No AoYA penalty.)
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/New-loan-awards-quot-clean-aged-thick-no...
Had some HPs drop:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Inquiries-unscoreable-DPs/m-p/5700175/hi...
Also, did a lil' spree....Well, Disco reported, and I took my AoYA hit. That's right, the loan didn't reset it. Plus, looks like AoYA awards on older models has a longer than 12 month time frame, on EX anyway.
Here's the deal, Disco reported before I expected, so I took 2 HPs on EQ and didn't get a 1B before Disco hit; however, I believe they are both buffered as they offered no score change on FICO 8 and I doubt they would ADD points for inquiries, even on version 9, LOL!. I'll be able to chime in this month and advise if they were in fact buffered and therefore whether the EQ DPs are in fact reliable. But, I think they are, as 9 went up, so...All other variables held constant.

As for TU, I thought I pulled a 1B and did so late, so it has 2 new revolvers rather than 1. This DOES further affect score as I noticed a 1 point loss on both EX and EQ on FICO 8 when my 2nd new revolver hit, while TU dinged me an extra 3 on FICO 8. With that said, my TU score changes for other than FICO 8 will not be reliable, because there could be additional penalty for the 2nd new revolver being added. I'll assume the algorithms that had 0 change are reliable.

Last, I also noticed additional revolvers increased my EX FICO 9s slightly. Whats that about? I've got the pull with just the one new revolver after 12 months, but my next 1B added 2 more new revolvers and 9s went up 2 points each flavor. Definitely not expected. Sorry I don’t have version 9 for EX but I was relying on creditworks.

EQ

TU

EX

FICO 8

FICO 542

FICO AU542

FICO AU8

-15*

FICO AU9

+8

?

FICO BC8

-15*

FICO BC542

-7*

FICO BC3

-

-

FICO BC9

+8

?

FICO 9

+8

?

* (2 Accounts reported before this score change could be captured, so the change for adding only one account could be different, IDK.)

**UPDATE**

Wanted to add AAoA details. All 3 CRAs were different at this point and I have 2 AAoAs at each CRA due to an AU not counting on Version 8 and 9.

So EQ crossed 84 month for 98/04 and 72 month for 08 for adding card 1.

TU crossed 78 month for 98/04 and 60 month for 08 for adding card 1 and 2 (Remember I didn't get a pull before 2nd card hit TU.)

EX Crossed nothing for adding first card.

**2nd UPDATE**

10/4/19: Well, the 30 day marks came and went for EQ, and I still did not lose any points. So, I am concluding they were binned, as I lost no immediate points, nor none 30 days later as I would have if they had been buffered.
8 REPLIES 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: AoYA penalty Clean/aged/thick

Just curious, what if any FICO9 movement have your seen?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 seems to be the opposite of 9!!!

Look at my prior posts above. Unfortunately I won’t have before and after of nine for EX, because Credit works doesn’t offer it. And it reported sooner than I thought or I would’ve pulled another 3B. I’m totally exhausted I’m gonna try to get up the table tomorrow God willing.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated partially...More to come. Sorry for the temporary table screwup, I've learned not to edit on mobile when you have a table.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated, including amending the first post. Again, I've gotta validate EQ by ensuring the 2 inquiries were in fact buffered.

EX is gold, but no 9s, creditworks.

TU added 2 new revolvers rather than just one, but Classic FICO 08 is reliable, as are the 0 awards, which are good DPs. Unfortunately because I pulled late, we'll never know if the other 3 flavors were affected by the second revolver.

Personally, I think the 8 options were, since I observed TU FICO 08 classic ding me 3 points for the 2nd new account whereas it had dinged me 13 for the first.

Last, I learned an installment loan does not reset AoYA on FICO 08 on my profile, so I'm happy I learned something. Plus, I learned the older algoritms have a longer than 12 month threshold for AoYA on my scorecard. Last, 9 is funky.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDITED

I only have EX data for discretely adding the 2nd revolver. (Remember that the TU score changes above include adding 2 revolvers, as I failed to pull a 1B quickly enough.)

Anyway, EX changes from 1 new revolver to 2 are as follows and include crossing the 72 month AAoA for 98/04 and 60 month AAoA for 08:

EQ

TU

EX

FICO 8

FICO 542

-

-

FICO AU542

-

-

FICO AU8

-

-

FICO AU9

-

-

?

FICO BC8

-

-

FICO BC542

-

-

FICO BC3

-

-

FICO BC9

-

-

?

FICO 9

-

-

?

*table corrected to reflect no version 9s available and to reflect Classic 8 from TU and EQ.

No AAoA thresholds crossed for EQ for adding 2nd card.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see added AAoA info in post 1.

Post 6 corrected to reflect accurate AAoA crossings.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated Post 1 with 2nd UPDATE, reporting EQ had no buffered point loss for the inquiries... nor immediate, or at all, as discussed above.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wrong. the first inquiry had no effect, so it must’ve been binned, but the second one did ding me for seven points 30 days later. So it was buffered, the second inquiry on EQ.

I’ve got a update post one but I can’t do that on mobile or it’ll mess up the table but I’ll do it as soon as I can. Apologize for my oversight and plead lack of sleep. I was looking for the wrong day. I forgot August has 31 days. Lol.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.