Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoYA reached 1 year today, no gain with EX but 8pt gain with TU

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

AoYA reached 1 year today, no gain with EX but 8pt gain with TU

I lost 14 pts on TU F8 when my new account reported (8/7/18).  Gained 1 pt when inquiry (6/12) aged a year which is exactly what I lost for the INQ.  I assume I didn't get the full 14 pts back due to AG UTL being greater than 8.9% for the 1st time in years and still is greater.  However, I didn't receive anything today for EX.  

As my sig indicates TU is clean while EX still has a 6Y8M old 30 day left.  I posted in the garden club for the 1st time after reaching 1Y and a response stated it depends on the bureau whether it will show up a few weeks later, next month or later.  I didn't provide any information about CB and hadn't received an alert about TU yet. 

When does EX typically update when AoYA reaches 1 year? I have and EX subscription so I get updates daily.  No other changes other than reducing AG UTL from 13% to 12%; 1 card still at 27% and 1 now at 14% from 21%.  Same # of accts reporting.  No known thresholds crossed for Installment loans.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: AoYA reached 1 year today, no gain with EX but 8pt gain with TU

Think I won't worry about EX and just wait it out.  EQ came through today with a 37 point gain.  I have to assume it has nothing to do with AoYA reaching a year since I only lost 16 pts for the new acct.  Must be an early removal of my last 30d.  YAY!  I'll get my 3B report from EX on Monday and will see.  I'm at peace for now....

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX updated on the first for me. Last account opened Aug 2018. Received my points August 2019.

30 day late may affect it.
Message 3 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Yeah, thought about that after reading your post with a clean file.  I actually don't recall ever reading that a dirty file can impact whether you see a gain at one year or not.  Guess it does.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge, dirty files do not penalize/reward for AoYA. You can open cards with impunity as far as that’s concerned. You still have to worry about inquiries and AAOA.
Message 5 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

For my 2 dirty CB, my profile doesn't support no penalty:

EQ (clean as of 8/2/19)

Refi'd MTG 6/12/18 (INQ), new account reported 9/9/18 (open date 8/2018) 

New CC reported 8/31 (open date 8/2018) INQ only on EX

-16 pts on 7/30/18, +10 on 7/31/18 (7/30 all revolvers reporting $0, one CC reported on 7/31)

* I attribute net of -6 to refi INQ - Can't clearly pinpoint if and when INQ pts were regained but I rcv'd a FICO alert 6/29 of +6 pts.  It was not there on my 3B 6/7/19 report from EX subscription)

Lost 16 pts on 9/9 when new MTG reported.

EX

Refi'd MTG 6/12 (INQ), new account reported 9/9 (open date 8/2018)

New CC 8/8 (INQ), new account reported 8/31 (open date 8/2018)

Lost 1 pt on 8/2/18

*I attribute this to refi INQ (+1 pt on 6/13/19)

Lost 6 pts on 8/9/18

* I attribute this to New CC INQ

Lost 9 pts on 9/9 when my new MTG reported

TU has been clean since 1/2019

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had a new CC report on 8/31, that would have reset AoYAs to 0, if we assume AoYA was applying to the profile.

If so, a mortgage reporting 9 days later could not have affected AoYA, even if it normally would have; they both have August open dates and AoYA could not penalize again; it hadn't had time to recover and open dates are the same month. It could only have affected AAoA and installment utilization. (Plus, my recent tests give evidence installment accounts do not reset AoYA, at least on my profile. I'll know for sure when a new CC hits.)

Do you have prior or other open loans? I'm going from what I've read here, I have no personal experience with dirty files.

As for TU, you may have realized some of those points at 3 and 6 months, depends on profile. Speaking of which, mind detailing your profile, so we can try to figure it out?

Plus, I just realized you only have a 30 day late on EX, that doesn't put you in a dirty scorecard from my understanding.

As for EQ, did you lose the 16 points on 7/30/18 or 9/9/18, or on both days?

As for the inquiries, there should have been a 30 day buffer from the date of HP for the ding.
Message 7 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Thanks Birdman.  I agree that it is likely the new CC reporting but the loss of 9 pts on 9/9 when my MTG reported would then be the AoYA penalty as there would have been no other reason for a 9pt loss.

Prior loans is auto and the original MITG that was re-fi'd.

EQ - I lost 16 pts on 7/30 but gained back 10 on 7/31 (7/30 no revolvers reported).  Also lost 12 pts on 8/31 but gained back 10 on 9/7 (again most of loss due to no revolvers reporting).  Lost 16 pt on 9/9 which coincided with my MTG reporting.  No more gains until 10/9 (1 pt, no clue) and 11/3 (4 pts, no clue although my notes also indicates the only change is that my new accts hit 3 months)  Dates are based on MyFico alerts so can't pinpoint the exact day as I know from monitoring EX daily that MyFico doesn't update timely and in some cases not at all or much later when something else occurs.

The 30d for EQ was removed 8/2 but since we're talking EX, the CN where I saw no movement since on or after 8/1/19, are you saying the 1 30d does not = a dirty file?  It is the bureau I was able to monitor daily and saw nothing for AoYA hitting 1Y.

TU, I received 8 pt gain.  Lost of 12 when new acct reported.  For my profile, TU seems to be extremely sensitive to UTL which as previously noted, 1st time exceeding 8.9% of overall UTL in 7/2019.  May be the reason I didn't get the full 12 back(?)

Profile:

8 CC, 2 reporting a balance.  (2930/20,000 and 6870/25,000) AGG UTL 12%

1 retail, no balance

1 PLOC, no balance

Auto 8,875/38,303

MTG 116,700/127,950

AoOA 23Y5M

AAoA 12Y

AoYA 1Y

BTW, Congrats with having no experience with a dirty file.  haven't found many of those here although I'm sure it exists.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah 30 day late keeps you on the top 8 scorecards, not the bottom 4 dirty score cards. I got a think about the rest.
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it’s been a while I’ve been occupied. But I was thinking about this and this intrigues me. The points on EQ that you lost for the mortgage could not of been an AoYA reset because the credit card had already reported. I think the loss on 8/31/18 was the AoYA reset. Certainly couldn’t have an AoYA reset AFTER a new CC account already reported. I think it’s more likely those later changes were AAOA and/or utilization /# accts with a bal or something else. And I think the 37 points were a combination of your AoYA award and the lates coming off.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that AoYA changes are believed to be due to scorecard change. So if you dropped those lates at the same time, that would’ve had additional affect on the new scorecard. So if you lost 16 and then you ended up getting 37 back that’s probably because of the combination of youngest account being over a year and going clean on the new scorecard! Remember the 30 day late did not put you in a dirty scorecard, so you did suffer an AoYA reset when you got the new account in 2018.

Thank you for the kind words about the clean file.

This is so big and convoluted I’ve got to address it per CRA. So now I’ll try to look at the other CRAs and address those in a separate post.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.