Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoYA reached 1 year today, no gain with EX but 8pt gain with TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AoYA reached 1 year today, no gain with EX but 8pt gain with TU

On TU, can you list specifically the score changes? I don’t think we went over those. But yes utilization could most definitely affect it.

Also can you get before and after AAoAs? Before adding the mortgage and credit card and afterwards.

***What did you lose on EX when the credit card reported 8/31/18?
Message 11 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On TU, can you list specifically the score changes? I don’t think we went over those. But yes utilization could most definitely affect it.

Also can you get before and after AAoAs? Before adding the mortgage and credit card and afterwards.

***What did you lose on EX when the credit card reported 8/9/18?

Thanks for your response;

TU - I misspoke on my OP as the 14 pt loss was gained back a few days later, which was due to all zero's reporting.

Lost 1 pt 7/12/18 (INQ I believe).  Lost 12pts with TU on 9/9/18.  Alert came along with MTG reporting.  Gained 50 pts 1/6/19 (last  late 1-30d removed early).  Gained 1 pt 7/11/19, gained 8 pts 8/1/19 (assume this was my AoYA reaching a yr with UTL penalty).  Note dates are from MyFico alerts so not sure of exact date of change.

AAoA was 12y4m 6/2018, dropped to 11y2m per 10/2018 report.  Currently at 12y.

EX - Lost 1 pt on 8/2/18, attribute to refi INQ (+1 pt on 6/13/19). Lost 6 pts on 8/9/18, attribute to New CC INQ which was 8/8. New CC didn't report until 8/31. Lost 9 pts on 9/9 /18 when MTG reported.

I'm aware I crossed an AGG UTL threshold, from < 8.9% to > 8.9% at 13% in Jul 2019 (late June report dates).  So there's some loss there.  Currently at 12% after late July report dates.  # of accts reporting hasn't changed in quite some time - 4 (2 CC, 2 loans)

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree the 8 points were from your AoYA reaching a year with utilization penalty (TU). Second you cannot count on the software to do the calculation for average age for you. You have to do it yourself manually. Correct, you cannot count on the myFICO alerts to tell you what it’s for or the date to be correct.

EX- One point lost on 8/2 was not due to the mortgage inquiry from 6/2. Mortgage inquiries have a 30 day buffer it would’ve hit 7/2. The one point on 6/13 was that inquiry coming back most likely. How many points did you lose on 8/31 when the new credit card reported?

The points on 9/9 were not AoYA. They had to be average age or utilization or something else. Quite impossible, because AoYA was re-set 8/31 when the credit card reported.
Message 13 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I totally agree the 8 points were from your AoYA reaching a year with utilization penalty (TU). Second you cannot count on the software to do the calculation for average age for you. You have to do it yourself manually. Correct, you cannot count on the myFICO alerts to tell you what it’s for or the date to be correct.
Aware of all of this and the number I provided is based on my calculations which matches EX and Myfico CMS.  My reports report all the same information with the exception of EQ that has 2 additional closed accts but does not impact my AAoA.  Other than EX since I've had a subscription I can only count on alerts frm MyfiCO and the date provided to determine other changes in scores.

EX- One point lost on 8/2 was not due to the mortgage inquiry from 6/2. Mortgage inquiries have a 30 day buffer it would’ve hit 7/2. The one point on 6/13 was that inquiry coming back most likely. How many points did you lose on 8/31 when the new credit card reported?
You have my dates off or I mistakenly provided the wrong dates on a previous post.  The MTG INQ was 6/12 not 6/2.  I provided dates based on MyFico alerts but a review of old reports from my EX subscription shows I lost the point on 7/13/18.  

The points on 9/9 were not AoYA. They had to be average age or utilization or something else. Quite impossible, because AoYA was re-set 8/31 when the credit card reported.

- No UTL changes as my AG UTL was not greater than 6% from 6/12/18 thru 6/2019.  Individual was never greater than 8% and no more than 2 CC reporting a balance other than  +/- within a few days of 3 CC then 2 CC when updated in the same month, not August or September.  All but EX due to subscription are Alert dates from MyFico, which may not be the actual date.  From what I've "learned" here an AAoA benefit/penalty maxes before 11y and the change was 12y4m to 11y2m.  Am I wrong about AAoA?

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you say the closed accounts do not affect your AAoA? They most certainly should!! To the algorithm, maybe not to the CMS software.

Yes, it's very, very difficult to pinpoint change reasons using only MyFICO alerts. Many times they conflate changes from multiple days or miss some changes altogether.

EXACTLY right!!! The point on 7/13 was the mort inquiry!!!

No, you are correct, the common wisdom is max AAoA benefit is realized by around 8 years. But the addition of a loan also impacts "amounts owed." You have a separate counter for installment utilization, so the point loss was likely do to the loan balance, installment utilization. I asked AAoA originally out of habit as it could affect many cases, but I agree, not yours, assuming your AAoA calculations are correct.

You still haven't told me what you lost when the CC reported 8/31/18?
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also keep in mind that when the loan reported, that established another account with a balance, upping # of accounts with a balance, unless you offset that with one less CC with a balance.
Message 16 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do you say the closed accounts do not affect your AAoA? They most certainly should!! To the algorithm, maybe not to the CMS software.
AAoA: A total of 2303 months for 16 accts = 11.994 (4 closed accts). EQ has 2 additional closed accts - a total of 2597 months for 18 accts =12.023.  In my situation its the same.
Yes, it's very, very difficult to pinpoint change reasons using only MyFICO alerts. Many times they conflate changes from multiple days or miss some changes altogether.
Yep, that's why EX is valuable to me now as I try to put this all together.

EXACTLY right!!! The point on 7/13 was the mort inquiry!!!

No, you are correct, the common wisdom is max AAoA benefit is realized by around 8 years. But the addition of a loan also impacts "amounts owed."
Before new accts
Auto 52% UTL
MTG 78% UTL
Total 74%

As of 8/2/19 current scores from MyFico 3B
Auto 23% UTL
MTG 91% UTL
Total 75% UTL
* side note, I did see some small changes in scores when my Auto loan fell below 25%.  I know the known thresholds are AGG but I haven't been able to acct for it otherwise? and didn't put any energy into it
You have a separate counter for installment utilization, so the point loss was likely do to the loan balance, installment utilization. I asked AAoA originally out of habit as it could affect many cases, but I agree, not yours, assuming your AAoA calculations are correct.

You still haven't told me what you lost when the CC reported 8/31/18?

EQ was actually 17pts as I compare reports today.  I had no notes on it but a review of MyFico alerts show a decrease on 8/31 when I received a new acct alert and balance change.

EX was 9pts

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 8/31 CC reporting reset your AoYA. The subsequent dings were not from AoYA.

Yes, EX CW is invaluable, as you have learned.

Oh, yeah, There has been rumored to be a small installment threshold ~75% aggregate installment utilization. Maybe that accounted for some points?

Just no way to be sure with so many variables and only MF alerts to guide. You would have had to have pulled 3Bs, ect... But, now you have a leg up with EX!
Message 18 of 24
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your responses.  I did learn something.  But still looks like I still have no answers regarding my original post that indicates I did not receive points lost from EX when resetting my AoYA.  I understand sometimes there are no answers.  I thought it was because of a dirty file but you shared a single 30d is not dirty so I'm still not sure why I didn't see a gain on 8/1/19 when AoYA reach 1y as the open dates for both new accounts show 8/1/18 with EX although it didn't report until later.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, the points lost on 8/31/18 were your AoYA reset. You said that was 9 points from EX.

Yes it is true that a single 30 day late does not put you in a dirty scorecard. However, it does modify the scorecard you’re in and affects your score. The major effect is for 2 years and there’s a minor effect for the following 5 years, is my understanding.

When the loan reported on 9/9/19, your aggregate installment utilization crossed 74% to 75%, which is rumored to be a installment breakpoint. That could be the reason for the few point loss then.

Let me ask you this. You have Experian credit works. Did you see any score changes on any model on the first of this month? Does Experian credit works list the age of your youngest account as 12 months?

Yeah I don’t have a perfect explanation for you. Just like I can’t explain why I did not receive any AoYA points from Equifax on the first. We haven’t got everything figured out. I don’t think we ever will. Some profiles receive some of the AoYA points back at 3 and 6 months, but I thought that was younger thinner files.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.