Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are collect and delinquency the same on myfico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are collect and delinquency the same on myfico

I got a notification that a collection was removed (disputed one) and another notification saying a delinquent/past due account was removed. I have a charge off on my account as well. So since we don't get to see what account was removed should I assume it was one account or two?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Are collect and delinquency the same on myfico

You probably had one collection account removed from your cr.Also you had one credit account removed, which the credit account contained about six moths of missed payments and was eventually charged off.

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can see what was or was not removed by ordering a new credit report.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know but thats another $50 bucks. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Grab Credit Karma and the Experian app. 

Credit Karma will give you weekly updates of TU and EQ for free, the Experian app will give you monthly updates of your Experian report plus your Experian FICO for free. 

Just ignore the scores from Credit Karma but it’s great for tracking your reports for free. 

Message 5 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grab Credit Karma and the Experian app. 

Credit Karma will give you weekly updates of TU and EQ for free, the Experian app will give you monthly updates of your Experian report plus your Experian FICO for free. 

Just ignore the scores from Credit Karma but it’s great for tracking your reports for free. 

To add to Saeren's response - Experian also does $1 7-10day free trials (Creditworks Premium membership), you can cancel (by "downgrading" to the free plan).  It will give you all three bureaus' FICO8s and credit reports.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can actually get that same trial free the first time in the app, just go to scores or reports and tap on Transunion or Equifax and it will offer you a free 7-day. 

The ongoing is also $19.99 instead of $24.99 in the app too if you decide to keep it. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the removals!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank everyone. I already use CK and Experian (with the mortgage score) and just added wallethub for the free tracking there too. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.