Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are life insurance quotes a HP or SP

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Are life insurance quotes a HP or SP

I wanted to get a few life insurance quotes and I am not sure if they count as a hard pull or soft.

Does anyone have any advice for a life insurance policy  that is reasonable  priced for smokers? I live in Wi if it matters.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Are life insurance quotes a HP or SP

The key is whether or not you initiate the request for a quote.

If you initiate a business transaction for credit or insurance, that qualifies as a hard pull.  It doesnt mean that they cant report in such a way as to avoid a hard pull, but it does authorize them to do so.

If you receive a firm offer for credit or insurance that you did not initiate, that is regulated as a promotional inquiry that only entitles them to your name and address, and it would have to be recorded as a soft inquiry.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I solicited and received 3 policies between DW and myself from Genworth, Prudental, and Mass Mutual. No inquiries of any kind. The first two were about 3 yrs ago. The latter about 6 months ago.

Message 3 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Robert and llecs I appreciate it.   llecs did you end up going with one of the insurers you posted? 

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I went with all three. Genworth was for DW. Prudential was mine but I cancelled it for a cheaper, and higher-coverage Mass Mutual.

Message 5 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.