cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the five factors the same on all scorecards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are the five factors the same on all scorecards?

i already did

Message 21 of 55
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I dont see it
I see links where role of AU accounts was examined by couple of agencies, but I cannot find any legally binding documents issuing ordering FI to include AU accounts
So, if you dont mind, do you have a link to legal order and not an opinion?
Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

message #6 of this thread you should find something, the courts wanted spouses able to share cards with their wife/husband, there is a specific law it falls under

Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

going back to the topic of scorecards. here's what decides what scorecard you belong to.

Question: do you have a previous serious delinquency or a derogatory public record? Y/N. (Y = dirty scorecard)

8 non-derog, clean scorecards, based upon:

thickness of file

age of file

how recent your new account openings are

2 derog, dirty scorecards, based upon:

public record

worst rating

Message 24 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so that is the 12 scorecards for fico8. 8 clean, 2 dirty, 2 au adjustment cards.

I, too am interested in your source.  Something more specific than saying it's somewhere in one of the 15 links you posted earlier.

Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have read all of those documents, so you can too Smiley Happy

here's my guess about what all the scorecards are, this is just a guess based on what facts i've read.

8 clean scorecards:
young + thin + has recent accts opened
young + thick + has recent accts opened

young + thin + no recent accts opened
young + thick + no recent accts opened

old + thin + has recent accts opened
old + thick + has recent accts opened

old +thin + no recent accts opened
old + thick + no recent accts opened

2 derog scorecards:
dirty w/ no public record
dirty w/ public record

2 AU adjustment scorecards:
adjustment1 (improve the score if the au looks legit)
adjustment2 (destroy the score if it looks like this is a piggybacker)

Message 26 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so that is the 12 scorecards for fico8. 8 clean, 2 dirty, 2 au adjustment cards.

I, too am interested in your source.  Something more specific than saying it's somewhere in one of the 15 links you posted earlier.

One of the sources you quoted explicitly states 4 of the 12 scorecards are derogatory.  There are also 3 AU scorecards which nobody seems to talk about.  See figure 5, pg 7.

https://brblog.typepad.com/files/Insights_FICO_8_Score_2521WP.pdf 

Message 27 of 55
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

if you have 3 bankcards your creditmix is doing even better. doing 4+ bankcards actually can drop the creditmix back to what you'd get for 2 bankcards. i know this because it's in those books i posted where fico shows how scorecards work.

so everyone has a creditmix even without doing different types of credit, and it's always a factor in every scorecard.

The drop from 3-4 bankcards would be due to a scorecard change (think->thick), right?

As for creditmix being a factor in every scorecard, have you seen any data points indicating it is a factor in dirty cards?

In particular, is the common suggestion of adding an installment loan (without an open or closed one already on your file) of any benefit on a dirty card?

Yes, dirty files get a benefit from adding an installment loan. Lots of discussion here about adding a Share Secured Loan, and getting that down to low utilization to add points on FICO 8. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 28 of 55
iv
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I dont see it
I see links where role of AU accounts was examined by couple of agencies, but I cannot find any legally binding documents issuing ordering FI to include AU accounts
So, if you dont mind, do you have a link to legal order and not an opinion?

I believe that @creds is attempting to reference ECOA/Reg B...

Specifically 12 CFR Part 1002 6(b)(6):

(6) Credit history. To the extent that a creditor considers credit history in evaluating the creditworthiness of similarly qualified applicants for a similar type and amount of credit, in evaluating an applicant's creditworthiness a creditor shall consider:

(i) The credit history, when available, of accounts designated as accounts that the applicant and the applicant's spouse are permitted to use or for which both are contractually liable;

(ii) On the applicant's request, any information the applicant may present that tends to indicate the credit history being considered by the creditor does not accurately reflect the applicant's creditworthiness; and

(iii) On the applicant's request, the credit history, when available, of any account reported in the name of the applicant's spouse or former spouse that the applicant can demonstrate accurately reflects the applicant's creditworthiness.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 29 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the sources you quoted explicitly states 4 of the 12 scorecards are derogatory.  There are also 3 AU scorecards which nobody seems to talk about.  See figure 5, pg 7.

https://brblog.typepad.com/files/Insights_FICO_8_Score_2521WP.pdf 

yes that's correct, i was mis-remembering what the document said. so 4 dirty scorecards and 3 au scorecards is correct. also yes ECOA was the law i was talking about.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.