Did you mean: 

Are there any fico breakpoints in here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any fico breakpoints in here?

A car loan being open for a year?
A 150+ late going to 3 years?
And ofcourse this goes without saying that inquiries drop off after a year, but do they drop off at the beginning of the month, on the exact day, or once the month ends? Ex: a March 4th inquiries will no longer affect the score on...? 1st, 5th, or 31st?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Are there any fico breakpoints in here?

I found a bump at 3 years AAoA.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response but unfortunately I'm almost 2 years away from 3 yrs AAoA.
I also have one more thing to add, new accounts, is there a time where their effect lessens? I opened 2 cards in August. Anyone have any input?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

At 1 year, plus or minus, a five year car loan should get to 80 percent which may be a break point for your installment.
Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
A car loan being open for a year?
A 150+ late going to 3 years?
And ofcourse this goes without saying that inquiries drop off after a year, but do they drop off at the beginning of the month, on the exact day, or once the month ends? Ex: a March 4th inquiries will no longer affect the score on...? 1st, 5th, or 31st?

^^^there is some misunderstanding in this statement.  The inquiries do NOT drop off after a year. They stop affecting your FICO score at one year, but they don't drop off until they are 2 years old. I don't know if it is the beginning or end of the month two years from the inq date. But the individual inqs will continue to show on your CR for two years.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right that's just a misunderstanding, I know they'll still be on there. Not that it matters after the first year anyway scorewise. Just asking when they stop happening after the first year of anyone's had experience figuring it out. If it's to the day, the month prior, after, etc.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.