Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you keeping a "Fico" secret?

tag
Flex1
Regular Contributor

Are you keeping a "Fico" secret?

The Fico scoring modules are quite complex. They are designed to account for many different factors. Many of us join minds to attempt to make sense of it, the best we can. There are many helpful tips posted in order help practically anyone get back on track, from no credit at all to bankruptcy. Having said that, is there anyone here who feels as though they've  stumbled across a significant, trick, hack, secret or loophole that you haven't seen posted? Perhaps even afraid to share it out of fear someone may change the algorithms and render your secret discovery usleless? I'm not asking you to share your secret. I'm just asking how many out there think they're on to something not typically shared.  

There are many individuals here, from all different walks of life, who are quite intelligent. Some members check their credit quarterly, some annually, and some check them daily and are able to analyze changes on a microscopic level... This may very well be a thread of crickets (chirp chirp chrip), but I thought I'd try. Smiley Very Happy I know there's someone out there.

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are you keeping a "Fico" secret?

I'm quite sure that any and all possible "secrets" have been discussed on this forum and also quite sure that our discussions on here have no bearing at all on the algorithms changing.

Message 2 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

I won’t share my secret The MyFICO community will stampede to run my unicorn to ground and kill it.

Actually the only thing you really need to know is always pay at least the minimum payment on time, on every account, always show at least one revolving CC balance, and with enough time doing this month after month your scores will improve.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 22
rbentley
Established Contributor

Contrary to what BBS says above, I have a secret, sure fire way to get approvals, monster credit limits and favorable CLI's, and it has never been disucussed on this forum.  I only apply for new credit online AND while in the nude.  It is that last part that is the key to success.  I recomend doing this only online because the one time I tried it in person at a Chase branch the police got called and now, for some reason, I am legally restrained from ever going within 100 yards of any Chase branch.  As always, YEMV.

Message 4 of 22
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

0012 Crystalball.gif  Voo-Doo

Prayer AAAfaveprayergif.gif

Perhaps both... 

Ahh would that it'were so simple.. Some super seekrit method..

We can dream..... 

Message 5 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

All you need to do is make the approiate sacrifices at the correct temple.  For a new card you might have to offer up a CLI from another card at the approvals temple.   For a CLI you might need to offer a single card util of 85%. for 2 months.   For any thing from the Discover temple who knows what they want.

To raise your Fico score you must make a major sacrifice at the the Fair Issac temple, and similar to Discover getting the correct sacrifice can be difficult. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

blood magic
Message 7 of 22
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Their is no secrets.Only plenty of research and hard work.I wish that my collection could be magically removed from my credit report.

Message 8 of 22
Flex1
Regular Contributor

Magic is wishing... and skills, secret or otherwise, is implementation of a process, two completely different things. Many people have been able to remove collections. But never by wishing.
Message 9 of 22
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

I can't wait for the secret to be REVEALED...

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.