cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As I start AZEO Bankcard Score 8 gives "Few accounts paid on time"?

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

As I start AZEO Bankcard Score 8 gives "Few accounts paid on time"?

As I start moving towards less balances on cards ( small balances) and just paying them off before every statement close so they show $0, I am suprised to receive a Bank Card 8 negative code  "Few accounts paid on time" unsure why I am even getting this? I only see this negative code on Bank Card 8. I was under the impression if you dont show a balance but have a balance and pay it full everystatement, you have payment history still with the cards? I swear the closer I get to being out of debt, the more it seems I am being punished. 

Bank Card 8.PNG

41 REPLIES 41
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: As I start AZEO Bankcard Score 8 gives "Few accounts paid on time"?

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

As I start moving towards less balances on cards ( small balances) and just paying them off before every statement close so they show $0, I am suprised to receive a Bank Card 8 negative code  "Few accounts paid on time" unsure why I am even getting this? I only see this negative code on Bank Card 8. I was under the impression if you dont show a balance but have a balance and pay it full everystatement, you have payment history still with the cards? I swear the closer I get to being out of debt, the more it seems I am being punished. 

Bank Card 8.PNG

The code "accounts paid as agreed" refers to the number of accounts i.e. a thin file, not that you are not making payments. 

Message 2 of 42
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

I received a 14 point jump in my EX 8 score this month and the only thing that I can identify to this is due to the "Few accounts paid on time" negative code dropping off.  I've done some research on my profile, and I think I've stumbled across something that we are unsure about and lack DP's (couldn't find it in the Primer either).  I'll eventually post my findings, but I'm wondering if you might be experiencing something similar.

Can you provide some DP for analysis/comparison:

• How many open accounts do you have?  Only count open revolvers and open loans.  Do not include AU accounts in this number.
  • Have you opened any new accounts in the past 6 months?  If so, how recently?

For my profile, it seems like the "Few accounts paid on time" is affected by how many "qualified" accounts are reporting.  It looks like a "qualified" account is an OPEN revolver or OPEN loan that is 3 months old or older.  No AU account is considered as a "qualified" account.  No closed accounts are counted as "qualified", surprisingly.

Below is the expanded negative code showing I only have 5 accounts being counted even though I have 1 additional AU account and several closed loans on my EX report.  That last sentence stating "High Achievers having an average of 6 accounts" is a big hint at their threshold, IMO.

Can you post a screenshot of your negative code or tell us the # of accounts it is reporting on that code?

ETA:  Just noticed you did have a screenshot, but it doesn't show the # of accounts...

few.jpg

Message 3 of 42
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I received a 14 point jump in my EX 8 score this month and the only thing that I can identify to this is due to the "Few accounts paid on time" negative code dropping off.  I've done some research on my profile, and I think I've stumbled across something that we are unsure about and lack DP's (couldn't find it in the Primer either).  I'll eventually post my findings, but I'm wondering if you might be experiencing something similar.

• How many open accounts do you have?  Only count open revolvers and open loans.  Do not include AU accounts in this number.

For my profile, it seems like the "Few accounts paid on time" is affected by how many "qualified" accounts are reporting.  It looks like a "qualified" account is an OPEN revolver or OPEN loan that is 3 months old or older.  No AU account is considered as a "qualified" account.  No closed accounts are counted as "qualified", surprisingly.

Below is the expanded negative code showing I only have 5 accounts being counted even though I have 1 additional AU account and several closed loans on my EX report.  That last sentence stating "High Achievers having an average of 6 accounts" is a big hint at their threshold, IMO.

Can you post a screenshot of your negative code or tell us the # of accounts it is reporting on that code?

ETA:  Just noticed you did have a screenshot, but it doesn't show the # of accounts...

few.jpg

@Duke_Nukem 

I find the notation that I am a thin file ridiculous, as I have  1 CC that is 6 years+, 6 CCs that are 1 year 9 months, 1 personal loan that is 1 year 9months and these accounts are actively being used. @Anonymous stated I have a thick file a while back

Message 4 of 42
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Looked at myFico scores from 03/15/21 and it seems to have dropped down from 859 and the only thing that has happened, continue paying off debt which is at 2% overall 

Fico 8 bank.PNG

Message 5 of 42
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

few.jpg

@Duke_Nukem 

I find the notation that I am a thin file ridiculous, as I have  1 CC that is 6 years+, 6 CCs that are 1 year 9 months, 1 personal loan that is 1 year 9months and these accounts are actively being used. @Anonymous stated I have a thick file a while back

Did he say that about the industry specific models or just the classic? Most people who track their scores don't report changes to the industry specific models so data is scarce about them and what is weighted differently. 

Message 6 of 42
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@dragontears I believe classic 

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not technicaly a thick/thin issue, tho easily thought so. Thick/thin is a segmentation point, only one place. This code I believe arises from the Payment History category (see Primer). F8 likes to see at least ~7 accounts "paid on time." @Duke_Nukem's thoughts about qualified make sense. I'm thinking this pops up on: thin profiles, thick profiles with a small number of accounts, and maybe those with a delinquency. Its kinda like establishing a minimum amount of Payment History and allows that category to contribute to gains. Like adding bankcards can add points, to a point (pun intentional).

Message 8 of 42
dragontears
Senior Contributor

So what is the specific reason code that indicates a "thin" profile? 

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

few.jpg

@Duke_Nukem Interesting....Need to go back to a thread with me @Thomas_Thumb and BBS...We discussed this, but I can't remember if we addressed impact of open/closed. Very interesting tho!

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.