Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users and their scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized Users and their scores

So, my SO decided recently to check out his credit score. To his shock, he didnt even have one. On CK it just said N/A. Im not surprised though as he pays cash for everything, has no mortgage, no autoloan, etc. What little credit banking he has done, was done through a small hometown bank so Im sure they dont report unless its something negative. So, I added him to a couple of my cards, to start building something for him (he even got denied for a secured card...lol). Yesterday he checked his CK and found both his TU and EQ are in the high 600 range, like 10 points or less away from 700. So we went to CCT to see what his FICO score was, and he still does not have a FICO score. So my question, is when will he have? What I can find is it takes about 6 months, but will that six months be based on my credit card age, or the time he has been an auth user? I just added him last month, but the card account will be 6 months old next month. When should we expect to see a FICO on him?

3 REPLIES 3
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized Users and their scores

@Anonymous wrote:

I just added him last month, but the card account will be 6 months old next month. When should we expect to see a FICO on him? 

When this card has a 6 months history. Had it been an older card of a couple of years, it would have generated a score the first reporting period he was added. Also not all cards reports AUs to all 3 bureaus. Hopefully both cards you added him will, or at least one of the cards to all 3. It should also report when you opened it with payment history on his reports. At least it did when I added my husband to 2 cards, he only had a paid off loan from 6 years ago. No open credit in 6 years, regardless that it was on his report also gave him no fico score. He was added, and had a score in a month, but accounts had been open over a year, with all my credit lines, and payment history.  He has since been able to open an unsecured Cap One on his own. But I still keep him on my cards for credit age, payment history, until he can get established good enough on his individual accounts. I do keep the cards reporting at zero at statement cut, with only his account reporting a small balance. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do report on his. Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Amex is the exception to reporting the history of the account. They only report it going forward.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.