cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user - is it hurting my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user - is it hurting my score?

ytzak, as I mentioned I am new to this whole "credit thing" and didn't mean to be confusing, so maybe this will clear things up (data from MyFico 10/03/18 report)...

Syncrony Bank/Sam's Club is 1.7 years old

Total Length of Credit History EQ 21.8, TU 11.1, EXP 11.1

Average age of accounts EQ 6.8, TU 4.2, EXP 4.5

Late payments were on none of the open accounts, it was on the closed mortgage account that was opened in 2008 and the time since the most recent late payment is 6.1 years (no other negative informationon file)

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that a late payment is a late payment and whether it's on an open or a close account doesn't matter.  The good news is that they typically fall off around 7 years of age, so you're inside a year away from that happening.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh absolutely. I’m aware of this unfortunate fact 😞. One of the lates is coming off the report in December, second in April, and the last one in July of 2019. I was just trying to clarify the info for the previous reply. I want to get everything else in order as I can’t do anything about the late payments.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.