cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto insurance score, who owns it, regulates it, etc.?

tag
UKTone
New Contributor

Auto insurance score, who owns it, regulates it, etc.?

With so much identity theft, and many other things, it is possible that there are many errors hurting your auto insurance score. I have never had a car in my name, pulled over, no insurance, etc. According to creditkarma, my Auto Insurance is 772, which is poor, I live in Michigan and our auto insurance rates are so high even for just no fault (250/m) and full coverage ($500/m) is outrageous. I am 21 going on 22, I got my license 2 months before my 21st birthday, but even friends have to pay at least $200/m for no fault.

I want to raise my score, but I don't want to pay out more than half my monthly income since I am part time at my job and am not paid much more than minimum wage. How does society expect us to work, go to school, and have a car? Gas is already high, school is already expensive and time consuming...

But I digress, I want to be able to talk to them, if talking to them doesn't work, who would be next to talk to, then after that, maybe start a petition, how would I start a petition and who would I submit it to, etc.

I live in Detroit, we have no garage, I have over a 3.0 G.P.A. (believe this is probably my only discount I'm qualified for), etc. I know because of my city to expect a high rate for full coverage, but for not fault, I didn't. I especially didn't since I grew up hearing like $60 and $80 for no fault, and a girl I worked with at Allen Park Target, she pays $80 for no fault, but allen park's crime rate is one of the lowest in the nation (double 1s on the crimerate website).

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Auto insurance score, who owns it, regulates it, etc.?

Your state regulates it.  There are several states that prohibit the use of a credit score or what is in your credit report when underwriting personal insurance and auto insurance.

There are also some insurance companies that don't use scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.