cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA reported a 30 late fee, now my fico dropped 100!

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA reported a 30 late fee, now my fico dropped 100!

@Anonymous wrote:

I did go to the local branch, called 1-800 number and emailed them. So far i have not received a positive reply. This may be a very costly mistake.

I somehow feel that the system is not fair in this regard. There was no intent of avoiding the fee, nor was an irresponsible use of credit. I did miss the fee deadline, as this card has not been used in the last 10 years.  All the promotinal mail I get, I must have shredded a genunine notice.

I will update if I hear something positive.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your responses.

I will request for a goodwill waiver, I am not sure if it will work.

It is my mistake. I often travel for work, and was gone for 6+ weeks during which the notice of annual fee came in. I somehow missed it when I was going through my mail (must have shredded it).

I sure hope BOA considers my request.

I think those exact words would help you receive goodwill from them.

If you dont have a history of lates with them or others, I think they would be more willing to help. 

With a score of 815, you wouldnt have many bad items showing so I think your chances are good.

hth 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten in the habit of the same day I activate a new card, I go online and set up the auto payment to make a minimum payment due. This way if somehow something slips thru the cracks and I forget a card I don't normally use, or a annual fee gets charged, etc... I have it setup to pull put the minimum payment due. This will keep me from being late with a lender and even worse, having a 30 day or more late payment reported to the CA's. I ensure my checking account has multiple overdraft protection just in case something does go thru that I didn't count on. Cheap protection that I know will safe me in the future. I also try and check all my accounts daily, or at least two or three times a week.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to update this thread -

BOA helped me out, and removed the 30 days late!

FICO back up to original.

Thanks all for your help, and thanks to BOA.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.