cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Threshold DP thread

Birdman7
Super Contributor

Balance Threshold DP thread

OK, so we have confirmation from the experts that raw dollar amounts matter and affect scoring in addition to utilization.  While utilization is typically more influential than balances, balances do affect score. The purpose of this thread is to collect revolving balance DPs in one place, so we can begin to catalog them.

For those new to this, revolving utilization is the percentage of your revolving credit limits that are reported as being used. Revolving balances are the amounts reported as being owed on revolving accounts.

So, I would request the replies specify bureau and version, point change, any negative reason code shifts, and the total amount of revolving balances before and after the change, please. Also please specify if you crossed the threshold twice, meaning going up and then confirming by coming back down across it with the same magnitude of score change in the opposite direction.

Please also indicate your scorecard. if you don't know your scorecard and your profile is clean, please tell us the age of your oldest account, the number of accounts on your CR, and the age of your youngest Revolver and Account please. If your profile is dirty, please state whether you have a public record and date of your most recent derogatory.

Any additional information is great and appreciated and whatever information you are willing to give is appreciated. Thank you in advance to this wonderful Community!

Also, I will come back and add the data points we already have from the Primer when I get some time. 

Edited.

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
7 REPLIES 7
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Balance Threshold DP thread

Reserved for version 8 balance thresholds.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 2 of 8
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Reserved for version 9 balance thresholds.

RIP:

Message 3 of 8
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Reserved for version 5 balance thresholds.

RIP:

Message 4 of 8
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Reserved for version 4 balance thresholds.

RIP:

Message 5 of 8
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Reserved for version 2 balance thresholds.

RIP:

Message 6 of 8
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Reserved for version 10

RIP:

Message 7 of 8
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

OK, so we have confirmation from the experts that raw dollar amounts matter and affect scoring in addition to utilization.  While utilization is typically more influential than balances, balances do affect score. The purpose of this thread is to collect revolving balance DPs in one place, so we can begin to catalog them.

For those new to this, revolving utilization is the percentage of your revolving credit limits that are reported as being used. Revolving balances are the amounts reported as being owed on revolving accounts.

So, I would request the replies specify bureau and version, point change, any negative reason code shifts, and the total amount of revolving balances before and after the change, please. Also please specify if you crossed the threshold twice, meaning going up and then confirming by coming back down across it with the same magnitude of score change in the opposite direction.

Any additional information is great and appreciated and whatever information you are willing to give is appreciated. Thank you in advance to this wonderful Community!

Also, I will come back and add the data points we already have from the Primer when I get some time. 

Here we go @BrutalBodyShots !

@CassieCard @Remedios  @AllZero @LaHossBoss @Ficoproblems247 @Slabenstein @M_Smart007 @Thomas_Thumb @lyTENciL 

Here's a set of minor score changes to a mature profile (AoOA 18yrs 3mo) due to changing balances in the $99 to $1425 range.

Interesting that there's some negative movement on mortgage scores between $458 and $896.

Effect of low balances on my scores  (HeavenOhio's experiment)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.