Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big difference between my Vantage score and my Fico

tag
Dresec
New Visitor

Big difference between my Vantage score and my Fico

So I'm just wondering how I can have a 724 TU, 698 EQ and 714 EX but my Vantage is 680. How is that possible? I have no bads except for a couple late payments 3 years ago on my student loans. I have two CC. A BofA for $7k that I just got and an older CapOne that just recently got upped to $1250. I've been workign really hard to get my credit score up and finally did, but still not sure why my VAntageis so low compared to my Fico.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Big difference between my Vantage score and my Fico

Welcome to the forum 

Vantage scores are FAKO scores 

Score from here or lenders are Fico scores

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Score ranges are different too (501-990 vs. 300-850). And both factor in stuff the other does not.

Message 3 of 6
Dresec
New Visitor

But I got this Vantage score directly through Transunion. I'm actually paying them for this monitoring service. How can that be FACO?

Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Dresec wrote:

But I got this Vantage score directly through Transunion. I'm actually paying them for this monitoring service. How can that be FACO?

Sorry to say don't waste your money what they sell you is not what they furnish to lenders 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Dresec wrote:

If you read the fine print at the various sites, such as Transunion, you will see a notation/explanation about the scores being for educational purposes.  And for those purposes, I suppose they live up to that premise.  Even though TU is a credit reporting agency, the score they provide to consumers is NOT the same that lenders see, and therefore, are for educational purposes only.  They serve a purpose for monitoring TRENDS in scores...if they go up, something positive happened; if they go down, something negative.  You can then look at the report to see exactly what influenced any change. 

The reality is, the only time to really be concerned about one's scores is when one is applying for credit.  Scores are going to fluctuate.  That's a given, since they are simply a snapshot of one's credit at a particular moment in time. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.