cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big difference between three fico scores.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big difference between three fico scores.

Hi, i'm trying to figure out the difference in myfico scores (766 TU, 703 EQ, 760 EX). All the credit/inquries/collection parameters are the same with the exception of reported number of credit accounts. EQ lists some transferred installment accounts (student loans) twice, with each duplicate listing showing date opened as 'Not on record', and the status as 'Too new to rate' (even though they were transferred in 2000). Could that be the cause of ~60 point difference? Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Big difference between three fico scores.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing me to the thread Tuscani. I still don't understand why the difference is 60 points, when the information coming from the 3 CRA is essentially the same. Could removing the duplicate accounts possibly harm my score? I'd like to try that, but wanna be absolutely sure it wont actually drop my score. Thanks.
Message 3 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Removing the dupes could impact score. I can't confidently say whether the change would be for the good or bad.
Message 4 of 14
m_jonis
Contributor

If there's dupes it will help. I had a 40 point diff. where TU was the only one not consistent (according to myfico.com). Turns out they had not only a duplicate, but reported a student loan as open when it was closed and PIF. Once those were fixed, the scores were within 1 point of each other. What I would like to know though is how can the FICO score for the same bureau be 60 points off? "myfico.com" says my TU is 715. But my wamu card says my FICO from TU is 661. You'd think that a FICO score should be the "same" from the same bureau, for the same month.
Finally made it to 813
Message 5 of 14
Mousie416
New Visitor

I'm new to the board but I have the same problem. My wamu card and "myfico.com" score was 570 but my fico score on "truecredit.com" was 669. I compared them and they basically have the same information. I'm trying to figure out why as well. Did you get an answer?
Message 6 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Mousie416 wrote:
I'm new to the board but I have the same problem. My wamu card and "myfico.com" score was 570 but my fico score on "truecredit.com" was 669. I compared them and they basically have the same information. I'm trying to figure out why as well. Did you get an answer?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mousie416 wrote:
I'm new to the board but I have the same problem. My wamu card and "myfico.com" score was 570 but my fico score on "truecredit.com" was 669. I compared them and they basically have the same information. I'm trying to figure out why as well. Did you get an answer?

Truecredit is a FAKO
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@m_jonis wrote:
If there's dupes it will help. I had a 40 point diff. where TU was the only one not consistent (according to myfico.com). Turns out they had not only a duplicate, but reported a student loan as open when it was closed and PIF. Once those were fixed, the scores were within 1 point of each other. What I would like to know though is how can the FICO score for the same bureau be 60 points off? "myfico.com" says my TU is 715. But my wamu card says my FICO from TU is 661. You'd think that a FICO score should be the "same" from the same bureau, for the same month.

WAMU a a PFICO -
A bankcard enhanced FICO score.
Message 9 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

so does that mean the wamu score will always be lower or the same but never more than the myfico score? I also thought that the wamu score was fico as well and this was a true number.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.