cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring us your non-FICO score experiences!

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Bring us your non-FICO score experiences!

Has anyone out there had an experience where they thought the score they bought from another site was a real FICO score but it turned out to be a non-FICO score?

If so, how about sharing your non-FICO score experience with the community?

Thanks!

Message Edited by Barry on 08-02-2007 02:48 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bring us your FAKO stories!

I bought scores from the CRAs for years before learning they were FAKOs. That realization never came until I went to buy my house 5 yrs ago. Unbenounced to me, my FICO was 60 pts lower than FAKO! I think the broker spent a good hour trying to explain the difference to my wife and I. Having been there, I know how frustrating this can be for those who are uneducated. In addition to CRA scores I used PrivacyGuard monitoring. I was so excited thinking how informed I was to be getting my "scores" once a month for $129 a year. Live and learn. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 3
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bring us your FAKO stories!

I bought a vantagescore from Experian and was disappointed in one of the reasons they felt my score was low. It stated that my current mortgage loan was too low.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.