Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying an ultimate 3b early?

tag
hankejp
New Contributor

Buying an ultimate 3b early?

So I bought the ultimate 3b on 5/25. I was just looking and see I can buy another one now, instead of waiting for 6/25. If I buy one today, will the other scores like my mortgage score, auto loan score, credit card score show me my scores today or will it update only on 6/25? I won’t get charged again on the 25th for a report again will I?

Thanks
Joe
10 REPLIES 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Buying an ultimate 3b early?

@hankejp wrote:
So I bought the ultimate 3b on 5/25. I was just looking and see I can buy another one now, instead of waiting for 6/25. If I buy one today, will the other scores like my mortgage score, auto loan score, credit card score show me my scores today or will it update only on 6/25? I won’t get charged again on the 25th for a report again will I?

Thanks
Joe

The Ultimate 3B is a monthly monitoring service. I don't know if you can buy a second one, but I'm sure that if you could you would still have to pay for the first one.

If you're talking about just paying for an extra report, yes you will get the updated scores. But that won't affect your ongoing obligation for the Ultimate 3B.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 11
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

The ultimate 3B report will pull the scores that the bureaus are reporting at that given time. However, the burueaus themselves may not have updated the reports yet, or, the creditors may not have sent them information to be reported on yet. My Ultimate 3B is ready to be pulled every 27th, but I pull on the 10th of the following month because my mortgage is the last to report my new lower balance around the 8th. I hope that makes sense.

You will most definitely be charged again every 25th. Whatever report you pull and pay for in between doesn't affect the payment schedule.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The myFICO Ultimate 3B is a recurring subscription for which you are a charged either $30/month or $40/month.  So yes, if you bought the Ultimate 3B, then you will be charged every month on the 25th until you cancel it.

You can, if you wish, also purchase one-time reports.  If you were to, these would be based on data from the date you buy them.

I suggest you head back over to the myFICO Products web page, which is where you originally bought the Ultimate.  It explains what all the products are.

PS.  Buying reports repeatedly at myFICO can be very expensive.  If you describe your situation in more detail, the folks here may be able to suggest a low cost or zero cost solution to you.

Message 4 of 11
hankejp
New Contributor

Thank you everyone for your replies.  So what we are trying to get to is the magical 620 middle score so we can get a VA mortgage.  So I purchased the Ultimate 3b report (The $40 one).  On 5/25 my mortgage middle score was 610.  My Fico8 scores on 5/25 were:

652 - Trans

628 - Eq

620 - Exp

Today my scores are:

654 - Trans

646 - Eq

644 - Exp

I'm anxious to see if my mortgage middle score jumped up 10 pts to the magical 620 mark.  I was hoping that if I bought a report now, then the one on 6/25 wouldn't be purchased.  When I'm on my iphone and look at my reports I see a Buy a New Report button  that says Can't Wait? Buy now.  This is for the FICO Score 3-bureau Report and it can be purchased for $47.88.  But if I'm going to be charged again on the 25th and this won't show me my current mortgage scores, then I should just wait.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

Joe

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be charged again on the 25th and will receive a new updated report then.  Unless, as I said, you cancel your subsciption in the next 12 days or so.

So I'd say that the real issue is whether you can wait until then.  I.e. you have to figure out if you are trying to close on a particular piece of property in the next few weeks.  If not, I'd just wait for the 25th.

Do you have all your cards reporting zero except one, with the remaining card reporting a small positive balance, like $20 or so?

Message 6 of 11
hankejp
New Contributor

Thank you. Probably just better to wait. I only have one card right now that has a balance of $186. I just paid $300 on it and that $300 payment just updated on the scores. Hoping to get that paid down to $20 by the end of the month. It’s a Navy Federal card. I’m not sure when they close their billing cycle.

Thanks
Message 7 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@hankejp wrote:

Thank you everyone for your replies.  So what we are trying to get to is the magical 620 middle score so we can get a VA mortgage.  So I purchased the Ultimate 3b report (The $40 one).  On 5/25 my mortgage middle score was 610.  My Fico8 scores on 5/25 were:

652 - Trans

628 - Eq

620 - Exp

Today my scores are:

654 - Trans

646 - Eq

644 - Exp

I'm anxious to see if my mortgage middle score jumped up 10 pts to the magical 620 mark.  I was hoping that if I bought a report now, then the one on 6/25 wouldn't be purchased.  When I'm on my iphone and look at my reports I see a Buy a New Report button  that says Can't Wait? Buy now.  This is for the FICO Score 3-bureau Report and it can be purchased for $47.88.  But if I'm going to be charged again on the 25th and this won't show me my current mortgage scores, then I should just wait.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

Joe

It will show you your updated current scores.

But you will be charged again.

Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@hankejp wrote:
Thank you. Probably just better to wait. I only have one card right now that has a balance of $186. I just paid $300 on it and that $300 payment just updated on the scores. Hoping to get that paid down to $20 by the end of the month. It’s a Navy Federal card. I’m not sure when they close their billing cycle.

Thanks

What matters is the one fact you don't mention... which is what is the credit limit on that card?

Message 9 of 11
hankejp
New Contributor

It is a $500 limit. Yes it was close to being maxed. But paying it down to $10-20 is on the agenda this month, which shouldn’t be a problem
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.