Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Tradeline deleted; no score change! 🤷🏼‍♀️

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

CO Tradeline deleted; no score change! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Scoring Experts,

I could use your expertise in this one please.

So a credit grantor agreed to delete a revolving credit card Acct which was CO’s exactly a year ago. They sent me a letter as confirmation which I then used to send to the CBS to expedite the removal process. TU has been the first to get it done but to my surprise, the removal had NO IMPACT on my score. Yes you read that correctly!

It was an account opened at the same time as a few others so didn’t expect AAOA to be impacted but given this was a negative tradeline CO’d just a year ago I honestly expected a score bump. I do have some other baddies (a few incorrect 30 and 60d lates I’m working to get removed); however it seems really odd that my score didn’t go + or - a single point! I double checked with T’union to make sure there system updated my file and they said that anytime they internally make a change to a file it updates immediately.

Isn’t that a bit odd? Insight would be greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: CO Tradeline deleted; no score change! 🤷🏼‍♀️

What are your other "baddies" and how many?

I have seen in the past where a person has 6 baddies and gets "one" removed and doesn't see a score change because they still have the others. Not sure is this is your case as I don't know what you others are?

I had 2 mortgage companies reporting several 30-60 day lates,  I managed to get 2 reports to remove the 1 mortgage company's lates, I saw zero change.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason your score didn't change is due to the presence of other negative information either as recent or as severe on your CR even following the removal of the one you posted about.

Message 3 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots,

Thanks for that information.

If that’s the case than I would presume there wouldn’t be any score changes on my file when things change, either positive or negative but that way any the case.

I do a number of 30-90d lates from around the same timeframe and high utilization. Still shocked no increase to score. Oh well at least it’s a bit ‘cleaner’!

Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Also bears asking where are you getting your scores from and have you confirmed that it is now gone from your report?

There is a delay in some CMS’s, possible that whichever you are looking at might not be updated yet.

That said 90D vs CO, I would have expected a small difference but as others have stated the more negatives you have the less score movement you will see when one gets added or removed assuming similar age.

        
Message 5 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@Revelate,

I’ve confirmed with Transunion both verbally and via my TU monitoring subscription that it is gone and I received an alert from myFICO subscription of the removal. Neither showed any score increase. MyFICO monthly report updates next week so it will be interesting if that’s shows a score change in the TU credit file.

Message 6 of 9
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Removing a single collection, while nice, has little to no value if the report is tainted with more negative info. Your CO is actually not that heavy as it has been cooling off for a year. To have a massive positive change you need to actually remove info that is massively effecting your score. The last time I removed a collection from my reports it gave me a chunk of points immediately(~30-40) and over the next few months added more(~20-25) but these were recent-ish when I worked on them and were the only negatives. There are penalties for having negatives of any kind, having negatives per a category, and having a negative. Obviously having the first negative will hurt the most as you hit all three categories but the second one will not hurt as much. Work on talking with your other lenders on cleaning up and the score will recover based on a curve, not a straight line. Also if that collection account's original account has lates reporting then they will ironically be heavier than the collection.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 7 of 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@zerofire,

Thanks for the info. It was actually a charge off of a revolving credit card still with original creditor and not placed with a collection agency.
While it was CO’d a year ago they have been updating it monthly til April. Not sure if those monthly updates still categorize it as having a ‘cooling off period’!

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I am pretty sure a negative being removed is an instant in time thing.

I strongly doubt there are changes for that specific event after that, most likely was something else TBH.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.