Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Reporting VS. myFICO Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA Reporting VS. myFICO Reporting

Hello friends,

Another question for today - and I apologize if this has been addressed already.

Is there a particular reason myFICO continues to report (or at least store) data that has been removed from the 3 CRA's? The reason I'm asking is that I have multiple collections that were removed from my credit profiles yet they continue to show on the myFICO app. I'm subscribed to both Experian and myFICO credit monitoring so I'm able to see and compare my data regularly enough to notice this trend happening.

Thoughts? And thanks for any insight into this.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: CRA Reporting VS. myFICO Reporting

How long has it been since the items were deleted?

Thing is; I have the My Fico product that gives me score updates and a new 3B report each month; 

Many things do NOT update until the next month's report is redeemed.

So have you redeemed/purchased a new CR from My Fico since the items were removed?

If no,  that's why..

cheersgif.gif

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Pika! Smiley Very Happy

I was actually tempted to purchase another 3B report (for the bargain price of 20% off! ...) but I haven't yet. My quarterly report update isn't supposed to happen again until March. Are you saying that if I buy another report it will force a current update for all 3 FICO scores?

Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 19
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Pika! Smiley Very Happy

I was actually tempted to purchase another 3B report (for the bargain price of 20% off! ...) but I haven't yet. My quarterly report update isn't supposed to happen again until March. Are you saying that if I buy another report it will force a current update for all 3 FICO scores?

Smiley Surprised

I'm 99% sure yes..

But I update mine every month (I don't pay because I pay the big bill each month and it's included). LOL

My Fico scores update; the F8 is usually already up to date and doesn't change but all the others do- F9, Auto, Mort and all that.

I just did mine today.. 

That said; It's only if there were changes to your report- and you say there were. 

But anything that causes a score change to F8 should have already occurred.

Can I be any more confusing.. Sheesh

I will feel like a giant heel; if you pay and they don't change, so keep that in mind. helgagirl.gif

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm...

I may hold off on purchasing another 3B report - even discounted - until maybe someone else who might have additional insight into how myFICO works can chime in. It makes sense that the visible scores now would, in fact, be updated each time you open the app (as a paid subscriber), but if negative information was removed... I'm curious why the scores wouldn't adjust and update to take that into consideration.

No worries either way. I wont blame you for anything~ 

Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 19
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Thank you.. I would be having to get your email via pm and PP you the cost. LOL I can't handle guilt.. 

I can tell you that you need an alertable (is that a word? Spell check says NO lol) score change for My Fico to update..

Like this:  Many people come and are shocked their score went UP when they added an inquiry.

Well, the inquiry is not what caused their score to go up, they got notice of a score RISE when there was a triggerable (also NOT a word lol) event.

But there is sure to be somebody that knows for certain if the new report will generate new F8 scores..

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not entirely sure yet on all the in's and out's of myFICO yet. This is mostly because I haven't been a subscribing member too long!

Have you ever bought a discounted 3B report in-between your quarterly updates?

Message 7 of 19
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Well mine are every month so no, sorry.. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, what? You get a refreshed 3B report each month? I'm starting to question which option I subscribed to!

Smiley Frustrated

My 3B reports are every 3 months but I do get scores and alert adjustments daily, though.

Message 9 of 19
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

LOL

I got the Ultimate 3B+  I'm kind of a fanatical SPAZ about watching my credit. 001 CrazyGuy.gif

https://www1.myfico.com/products/fico-scores-credit-monitoring

It's $39.95 per month.. I KNOW I can do the $1 trial, cancel, rinse repeat but it's worth it to me to not have to do that. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.