Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I employ AZEO?

tag
sixstringcliff
Valued Member

Can I employ AZEO?

I have a Cap1 Platinum card and an Apple card. I am also an AU on my parents Navy Federal cc. Can I employ AZEO now or do I need one more card of my own before I can do that? I'm pretty sure that I've read that you have to have three credit cards minimum to do so but I don't know if an AU account also counts.

Fico8 as of Aug 4, ‘23

Capital One Platinum $5,600
Apple Card $8,500
NFCU Flagship Rewards (AU) $33,000
NFCU CashRewards (AU) $30,000
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Can I employ AZEO?

@sixstringcliff wrote:

I have a Cap1 Platinum card and an Apple card. I am also an AU on my parents Navy Federal cc. Can I employ AZEO now or do I need one more card of my own before I can do that? I'm pretty sure that I've read that you have to have three credit cards minimum to do so but I don't know if an AU account also counts.

@sixstringcliff  Which version of FICO is more important to you; FICO 8s or mortgage model, e.g. EX2, TU4, EQ5?

Message 2 of 6
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Is there any particular need to max out your scores?  AZEO is great when you are trying to ring out every single last point you can, but it's not necessary to employ it constantly.  If you have an app coming up, AZEO the month before.  Without anything coming up, it's effect is minor.  Since utilization has no memory, points can be added or subtracted from month to month based on whether you employ it or not.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 3 of 6
sixstringcliff
Valued Member

Roger that. I was just thinking that it was the best practice when gardening one's credit score. And yes, naturally I would love to squeeze every point possible.

Fico8 as of Aug 4, ‘23

Capital One Platinum $5,600
Apple Card $8,500
NFCU Flagship Rewards (AU) $33,000
NFCU CashRewards (AU) $30,000
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sixstringcliff wrote:

Definitely you can; just let the Capital One card report the small balance.

There is a separate metric for AU cards, but if there's only one I don't know if it's better to report zero or to report a small balance. I'm guessing a small balance is better, but I don't know.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will want the AU card and one of your cards to BOTH report a small balance. You will lose points on F8 models if you have all authorized user accounts with zero balance reporting. For my profile, I lose about 12 points of my AU card doesn't report a balance.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.